Thursday, 22 May 2014

Recipe: My 18th birthday healthy chocolate cake :D


I am so very excited because today is my 18th birthday. Yup. That's right. I'm officially an adult :D How exciting is it to finally turn 18. I went to work though and my colleagues were so nice. They all signed a card for me.  It was so sweet of them to do that. I never really expected it.

I decided to make a healthy birthday cake this year. I'm new to making cakes but I really wanted to make one for my birthday. This was the final product.






It actually turned out better than I expected. It didn't taste bad either :) and I found out that the flowers were in fact edible. The cake was unbelievably moist on the inside and I loved the texture.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups of brown flour
  • 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 cups of water
  • 2 tsp of vanilla

Here's a video of how they actually made the cake including the frosting.


I plan on doing more posts about baking in the future and actually adding my own twists to the recipes to make it different. Until then, I'll just sit here and enjoy this delicious chocolate cake :)