Sunday, 13 July 2014

How I Set Up My First Filofax

N.B: Too many photos alert!!!

Hey everyone,

So I got my very first filofax or personal organiser a few weeks ago and I have spent an awful lot of time watching YouTube videos and reading blog posts in order to decide on how to set it up. It took me a while but I did get there in the end.

I own the personal Saffiano in aqua which looks more green than blue.


So this is the first thing you see when you open it up.I keep a few stickers behind the vertical pocket on the left and I also keep some paperclips in the small horizontal pockets. Then you have the flyleaf and the all important "dashboard". I was going for something that would make me smile every time I look at it and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Behind the dashboard is where I keep a few sticky tabs in case I need to jot down something quickly. I really do love my dashboard and I didn't want to cover it up with sticky notes so I decided to putting them at the back instead. I got this idea from a YouTuber called FiloFascination. On the right is my registration page and after than are all the information pages the filofax came with.

I decorated each of the filofax dividers with washi tape, stickers and one of my favourite scriptures. The first section is labelled  DIARY. I have the year view sheet that came with the filofax and I just cross off the months as they go by.

 I have the month on two pages which I printed off the Philofaxy website. I have noted down important events like birthdays, pay day, work and stuff like that. I decided to keep the decorations simple.  After this are the week on two pages. I would be sharing pictures of my weekly diary pages soon.


Next is the LISTS section.


 This is where I keep my grocery  lists ( left).  I also have a couple of sticky notes on the right- each for a different shop. So if I wanted to make a list of things to buy from WH Smith and Amazon, I would write them down on the two separate lists instead of all in one. I got this idea from a YouTuber called Alexandra Shaw.

I have a list of books to read, movies to watch, wish list, bucket list and a list of prayer requests. I also keep track of my orders and all the washi tape I have.


Next is my FINANCE section.

 I keep track of my expenses here.

Next is my BLOG section. I write down post ideas, keep track of posts in progress, scheduled posts and my blog stats. I will do a separate blog post about the system I use to manage blog posts.


Next is my FITNESS section.


I am trying to get to my goal weight so I keep track of my weight, measurements, exercise and I also have a page for motivation which is currently empty and I hope to fill it up soon.


Last but not the least is my NOTES section.


I love love love quotes and so I keep a list of some of my favourite quotes, bible verses and also some devotional notes in this section. I also have a website tracker kinda page. To add some colour to the page, I decided to draw out the logos for the different websites. I got this idea from Sachiko who is the author of the Filofax love blog.



At the back, I have the top loading envelope where I keep my mini statements and some other random pieces of paper . I also like keeping the filofax notepad at the back for writing quick notes.

The purple paper clip at the top takes me to my general to do and shopping lists.

Finally, there's the back of the filo.


I absolutely am in love with the Saffiano. The material feels very soft and the colour is not too dark or too bright. It is just perfect for me. I don't see myself moving out of this planner any time soon :D
Thanks for reading!!!