Saturday, 2 August 2014

Song Of The Month: Whom Shall I Fear?

Song of the month: Whom Shall I Fear- Chris Tomlin


"I know who goes before me. I know who stands behind. The God of Angel Armies is always by my side. The one who reigns forever. He is a friend of mine. The God of Angel Armies is always by my side."

As humans, fear is unavoidable. I have my fears and you definitely have yours. Some people know how to deal with their fears. Others let them take control. Not because they can't get rid of it- but because they don't know they can.

What does the Bible say about being afraid?

  • Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil. For thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. (Ps 23:4)
  • If the Lord God is for us, who can be against us? (Rom 8:31)
  • And I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. (Luke 10:19)
  • I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard me until that day. (2 Tim. 1:12)
  • The Lord is for me. I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? (Ps 118:6)
  • 1000 may fall at your side and 10,000 at your right hand but they will not come near you. (Ps 91:7)
  • He shall call upon me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honour him. (Ps 91:15)
  • I will never leave thee or forsake thee. So that we may boldly say. the Lord is my helper and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. (Heb 13: 5b-6)
  • For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7)
  • The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? (Psalm 27:1)
Therefore, you have absolutely no reason to be afraid of anything the world throws at you because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

Thanks for reading and hope you have a wonderful month.