Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Inside My Blog Planner

Hey everyone,

Today, I wanted to share with you my new blog planning system for 2015. I used to use my Filofax for blog planning and you can read all about that in this post. I have changed my system this year not because the old one wasn't working for me but just because I felt like trying something new and seeing how I do. You can read about my old system here.

So instead of using a ringed binder, I went for this spiral bound notebook which I won in a giveaway.

I have six sections in this planner and I just used sticky tabs to mark the beginning of the next section.

Here's my dashboard, or what you see when you first open it up.
First section is "Blog Info". I just wrote down all the information about my blog, what it is about basically and other important information.

Next section is "Blogging Goals" which is pretty self explanatory.

Next section is "Post Ideas".  I have a pretty long list of  post ideas and I am working my way through them. When I finish working on a post, I tick it off on this list.

Next section is "Posts in Progress". If I have started working on a post, I write it down in this section and then tick it off when I complete it. This helps me to know which posts I still need to complete when I lose track.

Next section is "Scheduled Posts". Here I drew out the calendar for each month and then wrote down the scheduled posts in the box for the day they are meant to go live. Then I tick them off after I post them.

Last but not the least is the "Blog Statistics" section. I just like keeping track of  this and I do a weekly analysis. I try not to get obsessed with numbers but it really encourages me to know that people actually visit my blog.


I update my blog planner weekly and I go through each of the sections ticking off all the goals I've completed, posts I've finished writing, posts that have gone live and my stats section. So far, I would have to say this system is working well for me although I have to admit that I miss having my blog section in my Filofax which I carry with me almost everywhere.

Below is the video of my set up if you are interested.



Thanks for stopping by.