Tuesday, 20 January 2015

My Faith & Prayer Journal

Hello lovely people,
So towards the end of last year, I started getting interested in journalling and not just any kind of journalling- prayer journalling. Up until recently, I never knew what a prayer or faith journal was. I first came across this through a web series I used to watch called Dear Jesus- where a girl kept and online prayer journal. A quick search led me to so many blog posts such as These Three Girlies and pictures on the web that really helped spark my interest in this kind of journalling.

I however decided to get a notebook instead and I started out with just a normal pocket notebook in April 2014 where I wrote down my prayers. Below are a couple of pages from my first journal.

I was surprised that I actually was able to stick to this and so when I finished this notebook, I decided to upgrade to an A5 notebook for more space.

So I got the Leuchtturm 1917 plain notebook and I personalised the cover to suit my needs. I call it my "Walk by Faith" journal. Today, I wanted to give you guys a quick flip through.

This is what you see when you open it up. I have some quotes here about Faith and Prayer because the two go together and one can't really do much without the other. That's why it is my Faith and Prayer Journal.



Next thing I have is a "Prayer Hand". I used my own hand as a template and this helps me as a guide when I am praying for others. The five categories include those closest to your heart, those who point you in the right direction, those in leadership, those who are weak and those who are unnoticed.

On this next page, I have the Lord's prayer and also this little guide on how to pray. Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. 


This is one of the many inspirational poems I keep in my journal. I love reading things like this over again because they keep me going.

I also write the lyrics to some of my favourite songs/hymns.

Here is a list of my prayer requests. I put a green sticker next to answered prayer requests, an orange sticker next to requests that are in the process of being answered and red stickers next to requests didn't get answered.



This is a very inspirational piece I found online about the virtues of a Proverbs 31 woman. I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and so I thought keeping this here would be a nice reminder.

I also write my prayers in here. I like looking back at my prayers because they keep a record of my feelings at that time and when my prayers are answered, it builds my faith.

At the back of my journal, I made pockets where I could keep some washi tape samples.

I also keep some sticky notes, sticky tabs and project life cards at the back.

And in the expandable pocket at the back, I keep all my stickers.


So that is  a sneak peak into my Faith/Prayer journal. I really didn't think journalling would be my thing but I have really enjoyed doing this for the past couple of months and I really do hope that this will be a long term thing for me.
Do any of you own a journal? It doesn't matter what kind it is. Do you enjoy journalling? Please do leave a comment down below. I would love to know.
Thanks for stopping by.