Monday, 5 January 2015

Recipe: Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes

Hey everyone,

So I decided this new year to share more recipes here on my blog because I love cooking and I just started getting into baking. I just thought I should take a break from all the planner posts once in a while and share some good recipes that I have found on the Internet. Almost all the recipes I'll share here are those I see online, either through YouTube or or on a blog. I will make I state where I got the recipes from.

The first recipe I will be sharing is that of chocolate oreo cupcakes which I got from Tanya Burr on YouTube. 

Ingredients:


For the cupcakes:

175g butter
165g caster sugar
3 eggs
40g cocoa powder
125g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pack oreos

For the frosting:

2 packs oreos
100g butter
200g icing sugar

Yield: 12 cupcakes

Directions:

For the cupcakes:

  • First step is to pre heat your oven to 280 degrees and line 12 cupcake cases in your baking tray.
  • Making sure that the butter is soft enough (leave it out for a while so it will be easier to mix), add the sugar to the butter and mix together in a mixing bowl till the mixture is creamy and smooth. 
  • Crack and add the eggs to the mixture making sure that the egg shells don't get into it. You can crack the eggs into a smaller bowl first before adding into the mixture if you are worried about getting the egg shells into the mixture. Mix it all together. 
  • Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bigger bowl just to make sure you get rid of the lumpy bits. Then add this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix it all together.


  • Just for a little special touch, you can put hidden Oreos at the bottom of the cupcake cases just for that hidden surprise when you bite into the cupcakes.


  • Add about the same amount of the mixture to the cupcake cases just to make sure that the cupcakes all cook at the same time.
  • Put the baking tray in the oven for 15-20 mins.
  • I normally use a toothpick to check if the cupcakes are ready. So if you stick the toothpick into the cupcakes and it comes out clear then it means they are done. But if comes out with some of the mixture on it, then it means, they are not done.
  • Leave your cupcakes out of the oven to cool when they are done.


For the frosting:

  • Add the butter and icing sugar in another mixing bowl and mix it together to form a nice creamy mixture.
  • You will also need to crush half a pack of Oreos. You can use a blender or just wrap them up in a freezer bag/tea towel and crush them up.
  • Add the crushed Oreos to the mixture and mix it all together till you get a nice and smooth mixture.


  • Now that the frosting is done, you can either pipe it or spread it on the top of the cupcakes and then add half an Oreo at the top.



  • That is the finished product.

Source
  • My cupcakes weren't neat so I thought I would show you guys a better picture of how delicious these cupcakes look.
Below is the original video where I took the recipe from.


I made these cupcakes for my family for Christmas and they absolutely loved it. If you fancy it, you should definitely give it a go.
Thanks for reading.