Friday, 6 February 2015

The Liebster Award #2

Hey guys,

I was nominated again for the Liebster Award by the lovely Lyn who blogs over at Plannerbug.com. I have done this before but I wouldn't mind doing it again. You can read my first post here.

"Liebster"  is a German word which means beloved. It is an award given to up-and-coming bloggers by other bloggers in recognition of their efforts. It is a good way to discover new bloggers.

Rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same
4. Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they have been nominated

When I did this the first time, I didn't do the 11 random facts about me so I thought I would do it this time around.

11 Random Facts About Me:
  • I skipped year 5 in primary school.
  • That's why I am one year younger than all my my mates.
  • I don't like putting my head on pillows when I sleep. I think they are uncomfortable. Seriously.
  • I'm 5ft 2 and I'm starting to love being small.
  • I'm the eldest of all my siblings.
  • One of the things I love about me is my hair. I love how long it is now and I am working really hard to retain my length and most importantly, keep it healthy.
  • If you want to bribe me, give me chocolate.
  • If you want me to love you forever, give me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting lol. Yup that's right- I am a chocoholic and I am not ashamed to say it.
  • When I was younger, I wanted to be a seamstress. It's funny how sometimes, the experiences we go through in life can just really change our sense of direction. 
  • I went to boarding school in Cameroon for 5 years and those 5 years were one of the best in my life. 
  • When I get married (By God's grace), I would love my honey moon to be in the Carribeans. ;)
Questions Lyn asked me:
  • What's your drink of choice?
I strangely do not like drinks a lot but when I actually do drink, I always prefer fruit juices.
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I have always wanted to experience life in the big cities. So I would love to live in London, or even New York. That should be fun.
  • Who inspires you the most?
I get my inspiration first from God and then my family and loved ones. I really love motivational and inspirational quotes. I get inspired from the kindheartedness or goodness portrayed by others. I love people who are positive about life and who help to point you in the right direction. I also get inspired by the work of talented people.
  • Which historical event would you have liked to witness in person?
Ah I would have loved to witness any of the biblical events; like when Moses split up the Red Sea or when Christ resurrected and ascended into heaven. Any of those cool miracles Jesus performed.
I would also have loved to witness man landing on the moon for the first time. Or when Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream" speech. Basically I would have loved to see for myself the work any of the great leaders in history put in in order to change the world.
  • What is your favourite food?
I love rice and chicken. Any kind of rice and chicken. I will eat them everyday if I could.
  • What kind of music do you listen to?
I love listening to Gospel music and I also like reggae and some country music too.
  • What is your favourite tv show, past or present?
I loved Friends and Scrubs. I've watched every single episode of those two. I also love Grey's Anatomy, 24 Hrs in A&E and One Born Every Minute. I have also been watching a couple of spanish series lately (translated to English of course haha)
  • What is your favourite past time when you are alone?
When I am alone, I love to listen to music and journal, read a book or watch a movie.
  • What is your favourite dessert?
Chocolate fudge cake and ice cream. 
  • If you could travel back in time to a particular decade in the 20th century, what would it be and why?
This was a hard one Lyn. I had to do some research haha. I would probably go for the 1960s or 1970s ish after the wars. Around that time my parents were born. Just to be able to experience the life they lived then and be able to compare it to how it is now. 
  • What was the last thing you bought?
That would be my set of mini stabilo fineliner pens. I'm a stationery lover. I'm sure you all know that by now :D


Blogs I nominate:
  1. Do you like reading? If yes, what is your fvaourite book(s) of all time?
  2. What's the weather like right now as you look outside the window?
  3. What was the last movie you watched?
  4. What is your favourite quote?
  5. What do you love most about blogging?
  6. Do you have any pets?
  7. Chocolate or Vanilla?
  8. Would you rather it rained all year or snowed all year?
  9. Would you describe yourself as a funny or quiet person?
  10. What is that one song that will always get you up and dancing?
  11. What is your favourite blogging tip?
There it is guys. Feel free to join in if you fancy doing this. I would love to read your posts.
Thanks for reading.