Wednesday, 8 April 2015

My Life In Writing Journal Tag




Hello everyone,

I know I haven't been journalling for that long but I have always wanted to do one of these cool journalling tags. As some of you may know, I have two journals- my faith/prayer journal and my scripture art journal. However in this post, I will only be referring to my faith journal.

How long have you been keeping a journal?
I started faith journalling back in April 2014 so it's been over a year now. I really liked the idea after I watched the web series DearJesus on tv about this girl who kept an online prayer journal. I really loved the idea of prayer journalling and decided to give it a go. However, I decided to try it on paper not online. I combined Faith and Prayer journalling because I thought the two go very well together.


What is the date of your first entry?
When I started writing down my prayers, I didn't actually write dates. I just wrote down numbers. So I don't know the exact date I started journalling but I know it was sometime in April 2014.

How often do you journal?
When I was still using my first journal (pocket size), I journalled 3-4 times a week. This was because it was very portable and I could carry it around. The journal I am currently using is in A5 size and so it stays at home on my desk but I do journal at least once a week.

Music that makes you want to write?
I love love love listening to music while writing. The song I listen to most when I am journalling is Oceans by Hillsong. I find it very calming and it gets me into the zone or in the mood of writing.

Do you keep an online journal?
No I don't keep an online journal. I don't think I would want to keep one to be honest. I very much prefer writing on paper and looking at all the pretty colours.

Where are you when you write usually?
Like I mentioned previously, I could write anywhere if I have my journal with me. I really don't mind. I remember one time, I wrote an entry while I was waiting for my train in the train station waiting room :)


Optional:

Read/show an entry from your birthday or birth month of any year.

May is my birthday month and the only entries I can show you guys now are from my first journal but all my entries there I kinda personal so I can't really share any of them.

Read/show an entry from your very first journal.

Below are a few of my favourite pages from my first journal.


And that brings us to the end of this tag. If you have a passion for journalling and want to do this tag, go right ahead. And please leave a link below so I can have a read.
Thanks for stopping by.