Sunday, 19 July 2015

My Week #29 (2015)

Photos Of New Hair, Liquid Nitrogen, Echocardiogram, Cutest Patient Ever And SGUL Open Day


My Week #29 in my Filofax

Waiting at the train station coz trains were delayed/ Packaging my first etsy order/ My first project with acrylic paint- Ombre blue background on canvas/ Having lunch in the hospital canteen with my brother.
Bible Verse Of The Week:
"And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

I promised in last week's post that I was going to show you guys my new hair so here are some photos.

The colour of the extensions were blonde, dark brown and dark purple


I took my brother to see the dermatologist on Wednesday because he was worried about a growth he had on his leg. When we got there, the doctor said it was only a wart and he sprayed liquid nitrogen on him and said it was going to get worse and come off and then heal on its own but my bro said it stopped hurting the next day and doesn't seem to be working haha. He's pretty disappointed.

Also, this week, I offered to watch an echocardiogram being done on one of my patients, It is basically a scan of the heart from different dimensions and this helps us to be able to see the structure and function of the heart and heart valves. I was able to see the heart in action, pumping blood, heart chambers, heart valves, semi- lunar valves and all of that stuff I had to learn how to draw in A Level Biology. I thought it was pretty cool.

I had a really lovely set of patients this week. One of them was a really lovely 99 year old. Even at this age, I really loved how much this patient was full of life. I told them they were the fittest 99 year old I had ever met. Apparently the patient was so moved by this statement and asked me to write it down and sign in their special notebook and showed it to their relatives when they came to visit.

Finally, I finally went for the open day at St George's. I was really looking forward to it. I was glad to meet other prospective students and the current students and student ambassadors were so lovely and very easy to talk to. Below are some of the photos I took.


Horton Halls- Old block



Horton Halls- New block


Single room

I didn't get the chance to take pictures of the main campus but it looks like that from the main entrance.

I also made a short video about the open day so here it is if you are interested.


Hope you guys had an amazing week.
Thanks for stopping by.