Friday, 3 July 2015

Scripture Art Journal Flip Through #6


Hello guys,

It is that time of the month again and today, I will be sharing with you pages from my Scripture Art Journal for the month of June.
You can view my previous pages here.

Week #23

Romans 3:23 is a very popular verse- one I have known since when I was younger. When I think of this verse, I get reminded of the fact that no one on earth is perfect. And that we all sin every single day  because we will never be able to meet God's glorious standards- no matter how hard we try.
But there is always forgiveness of sins and just as Christ has forgiven our sins, we should forgive those who trespass against us.

Week #24

This is also one verse I have known since I was younger. But as children, we tend to learn so many things by heart and not even know what it means. This verse reminds me of a line in the lyrics of the song How He Loves by Kim Walker which says "If grace is an ocean, we are sinking". We are all sinking in God's grace- the unmerited, overflowing and amazing grace that He gives to us freely. Ephesians 2:8-9 says the same thing and adds that it is not by our own works so that no one can boast. We can only boast in the Lord for He is the author and finisher of our Faith.

Week #25

I love this verse. 
Genesis 1:31a says "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good."
If God himself can appreciate His own creation, then we really don't need to care what anyone else says. We have all been fearfully and wonderfully made- God's very own masterpiece, seasoned with love and we are perfection in His eyes. So look at yourself through the Maker's eyes.

Week #26

Another very popular verse. 
I really loved how this page turned out. It is now one of my favourites. Many of us will say we love Him, but His love will only show through us by our words and actions. By loving Him, we will be willing to know more about Him and also want to obey His word. 

That's all I have to share for now.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.