Sunday, 2 August 2015

My Week #31 (2015)

Back To Work, Offensive Comments, Guest Post On Philofaxy And A Nice Meal Out

My Week 31 in my Filofax

Late birthday present from my friend at work :) / Tea time at work/ Me getting crafty again making new bookmarks for my etsy shop./ Had these sweet and fruity teabags at work. Thought it tasted really nice :)

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God"
I Corinthians 10:31"

This week I went back to work after my annual leave so it's been busy as always. On Tuesday, I was asleep at 7:30 am and I received a call from work saying I was supposed to be in. I was so sure I didn't see my name on the rota and I have no idea what happened but I was able to get in as early as possible. Good thing was, I didn't get disciplined or anything. The staff are really nice on my ward. Maybe because that was the first time that happened. Thank God. My last official shift before uni is on the 28th of August so only a few more weeks to go.

You know a hospital is a place where you meet all sorts of people from different backgrounds, races, ethnicities and countries. It is supposed to be a place that is all about equality and diversity and it is sad to see that this is not always the case. Especially when it is the patients making offensive comments to the staff or other patients. I have never had such comments directed at me but this week, I was looking after a patient who was so mad at another confused patient and just had to publicly express their discontent even in the presence of this patient's relatives. There were comments such as 
"The NHS is not for foreigners, They only come here for our benefits, They can't even speak English, I work so hard and pay taxes and they enjoy the benefits, I hate these people, They are destroying this country, Go back to your country" and blah blah blah.
It is such a shame that people (especially the elderly) think this way. They have all the right to express their own opinions. It is their country after all. Being a "foreigner" myself and living in the UK, my opinion may probably be biased as well but all I have to say is not everyone in the world is fortunate. I'm sure if someone puts themselves in a position where they are looking for a way to make ends meet in order to take care of themselves and their loved ones, or to secure a brighter future or even just because they have been crippled by unfortunate incidents that are beyond control, then they probably wouldn't think so much that way. Appreciate the things you have, because to others out there, they probably are just luxuries.

Anyway moving on from that, I wrote a guest post for Philofaxy blog which went live this week.

If you would like to have a read, click here.

Finally, I also had a special meal at Harvester with s special friend of mine :)

I had chicken breast, with salsa sauce (I think), some peppers and rice.

And for dessert, we had the Rocky Horror. It was made of cream, ice cream and chocolate cake. I thought it was really good.

Hope you guys had a good week.
Thanks for reading.