Sunday, 16 August 2015

My Week #33 (2015)

Results Day 2015, Reviews, 2 Weeks Of Work Left And Going Natural?

My Week 33 in my Filofax

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"The heavens declare the glory of the Lord; The skies proclaim the work of his hands"
Psalm 19:1

I had been waiting so much for A Level results day. Obviously not because I was expecting any results but because I wanted my UCAS Track status to finally be updated.

Not that there was a possibility of them taking the offer back but now I know for sure I am definitely going to university. I just started to realise that time is no longer on my side and that after two years, the time for me to leave will come very soon. I thought my accommodation application would have been updated by now and that we would have received information about our rooms but most- if not all of us are still waiting unfortunately. 

 Also, some of you may know that I opened my etsy shop in June and it has been a whole new experience for me with it's own challenges and all. I was very thrilled to get 3 five star reviews in two days this week. It doesn't only feel good to sell something but it is also very fulfilling when you realise that people love what they buy.


Work has been alright this week. Not too busy  as it is the summer. I have only got 2 more weeks left (6 more shifts) and that will be it till the Christmas holidays. I can't wait to finally have a break. I am tired of the long hours and early mornings.

Finally, I made a decision a couple of days ago that I was going to transition to natural hair. As in I am going to try and grow out my natural hair without relaxing it. My hair is currently relaxed (chemically straightened) and has been relaxed ever since I was a kid because it is apparently "easier" to manage in that state but I have never really liked my hair straight. If my natural hair (no chemicals in it) is curly or coily, then I don't see the point of chemically straightening it when I don't like my hair straight. I have decided to grow my curly hair as long as I can and then chop off all the relaxed (straight) ends. It is worth a try especially since the ends of my hair have broken off a lot due to too much recent manipulation. The one thing that did it for me was when I saw my mum's curly natural hair a few days ago. I really liked the texture and I can't wait to see how my hair turns out to be. I know this is going to be a challenge for me as it is going to be difficult managing the two textures but I am willing to give it a go. Besides, I can always relax it again if I can't manage haha.

Anyway, I thought I would end this post with my favourite #haircrush photo of the week.
I just love the mix of colours.
This image was from instagram but you can find out more about this lady on her website here.

Sorry about all this hair talk. How has your week been?
Thanks for stopping by.