Friday, 21 August 2015

Review: Kyoto Rose Compact Paperchase Filofax

Hello lovely people,
Today I am going to be reviewing yet another Filofax. This one is a compact Kyoto Rose Paperchase Organiser. I got this ages ago and the reason why I got it was mainly because I want to use it for university. 
I have bought one paperchase planner before (patchwork hearts pocket paperchase planner) but that was for my bestfriend and I reviewed it here. So I havent actually used one myself. 

This is the box in which it came in.


And there you have it in all it's glory. Don't you just love the floral pattern on it. At least that it was made me fall in love with this planner in the first place. Plain and boring is not my thing and I also love the fact that it is not a very popular planner. I like to be unique. I love how soft the cover feels. It is a different kind of soft compared to that of my Saffiano  But I think it definitely feels a bit softer. I love the stitching round the edges of the planner.
The planner has a clasp closure which I prefer to an elastic closure. I feel the clasp is long enough to accomodate a little bit of stuffing but I wouldn't dare do that because of the rings which are much smaller than those of the personal size

Opening up the planner, there's a set of four horizontal pockets on the left and there's also a long vertical pocket. I don't like the fact that the pockets are tight as I am used to the loose deep pockets in my saffiano but I guess the more compact the planner, the tighter the pockets.
The planner did come with loads of old inserts which would not be much use to me tbh.

I love the fact that it came with time table and course record inserts. I think this will be very useful in my university section.

It also did come with contact inserts.

These are the week on one page inserts it came with. Minus the fact that they are old inserts, I don't think I would ever use them really because I don't like the layout and the space is just too small for me.

It also came with address inserts.

Then there's lined and square note paper.

There is also orange plain note paper and blue lined note paper.
Now I wanted to talk a little bit more about the rings. I am not surprised about the size because it is a compact planner and I was expecting it to be much smaller. The one thing that puts me off though is how hard it is to open the rings and close them. I don't pull my rings apart to open them up but rather, I press down on the little thingies at the top and bottom to open the rings up. I realised that even using these is so difficult. It hurts my fingers a bit and that is one thing that really puts me off.

The planner has one flappy pocket at the back and also an elastic pen loops. I like the fact that the pen loop is elastic but I would have loved it more if it were on the other side.


This is just a little comparison with my Personal Saffiano and you can see it's pretty much the same except for the fact that the compact planner is thinner.

I forgot to show this paperchase mark at the beginning.

This is what it looks like from the side.

Top view



So this was just a quick review of this planner. There are a few issues I have with it but I still love it and I can't wait to use it. It is so pretty and I am challenging myself to effectively use the compact size for uni. I have started setting it up now and I will hopefully be moving into it soon.

Has anyone else ever used a compact or slim planner? Is yes, did you love it or if no, do you think you would ever use one? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks ever so much for stopping by.