Sunday, 6 September 2015

My Week #36 (2015)

Meeting With New Friends , The Versatile Blogger Award  And My Natural Hair Journey #1


My Week 36 in my Filofax


I moved into my paperchase Filofax/ I made new dividers for my Faith Filofax/ Finally found a use for my cute crepe charm/ I bought my first set of Pilot Frixion pens.

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"I, I am the Lord and besides me there is no other"
Psalm 43:1

The highlight of my week was meeting up with my friend Bexa who blogs over at artybexa.com. When I found her on Instagram, I really liked her artwork and I decided to comment on on of her posts on her blog. Little did I know that we lived so close to each other. It's funny how situations turn out sometimes. We met up, went out for some "coffee" and also had a great chat. It was a really nice time and I'm looking to more meet ups in the future.

Versatile Blogger Award


Also, sometime last week, I was nominated by the lovely Chloe (who blogs over at basicallychloe) for the versatile blogger award. It is just a tag created to be able to know more about other bloggers. The only rules are to thank the person that nominated you-including a link to their blog, telling them 7 facts about yourself and also nominating 15 bloggers to do the same.
So here are 7 facts about me:
  • My favourite sport is volleyball although I don't really play it.
  • I used to be on the junior volleyball team when I was in school, but then I quit because I didn't like the warming up session.
  • I have only recently gotten into running.
  • My favourite workouts are dance workouts (zumba etc)
  • When I was younger, I was almost hit by a car.
  • Also, when I was younger, dolls were never my thing.
  • I have always wanted to study in London. I just think one has to experience life in the big city too.
So there you have it.7 facts about me. I nominate any blogger out there who would love to take part.

My Natural Hair Journey #1: Three Months Post Relaxer

About 3 weeks ago, I did mention on here that I had decided to grow out my natural hair as I was tired of having to deal with my relaxed (chemically straightened) hair which I mistakenly damaged. I am currently about 3 months post relaxer and I decided to turn this into a mini series here on my blog. I thought this might keep me motivated so I don't end up relaxing my hair again. I will be getting a weave on Tuesday as a protective style before I go to uni and so I thought I'd show you guys my new growth before I tuck my hair away.
I apologise for the not so good quality of the photo. 

I had to put a white sheet of paper behind the s hair to help show the difference between the two textures. So at the moment, my natural hair underneath is about an inch long and is curlier, much thicker and softer than my straight relaxed hair. You should just be able to see the line of demarcation. Let me know in the comments if you can tell the difference. I'll try to take better pictures next time.

#Haircrush of the week.
Loving the versatility

Hope you guys had a great week..
Thanks for stopping by.