Wednesday, 14 October 2015

A Step-By-Step Faith Journal Page #3



Hello guys,

Today I am going to be sharing with you how I did one of the pages in my Faith Journal. I have done two of these posts before and if  you want to have a look at the previous posts, you can click here.

The page I am about to share was inspired by one of the lessons in my devotional -Our Daily Bread. The statement at the the end of this lesson was "In every desert, God has an oasis of grace"
I loved this and reflecting on it made me realise that God is faithful and He is always there even in times of need. 

A quick search for "Oasis drawings" helped my find this picture on google images.
This was the picture that inspired me for this page. I normally use pictures from the internet to inspire me and I end up tweaking them to my liking.


So I started off by drawing a border around the perimeter of the page.


Then I added another wavy border on the inside.

Then I just added in a few bubbles as well.


Then I started drawing flowers at the bottom using my staedtler pens.


I used my stabilo triplus fineliners to colour these flowers in.

Then using my stabilo pens still, I drew a sun at the top of the page.

And I added a few clouds and coloured them in with colouring pencils.

Then I drew a palm tree in the middle of the page.

I also added in some hills and a lake.

I used my colouring pencils to colour them in. If this is a desert, then the hills are supposed to be sand dunes or so but for some reason I just felt like colouring them green.


Then I added the words.

Just to make things a little bit more colourful, I drew a purple butterfly.

And this is the final result.

These are the pens I used.


I had also done a similar thing in my Scripture Art Journal a few weeks ago and some of you might have already seen it.


The above print is also available in my etsy shop if anyone is interested.

What do you think about the page and the quote? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.