Sunday, 4 October 2015

My Week #40 (2015)

Intro to Anatomy And Dissection, New Tablets, Grub Crawl, Start Of Lectures, Gospel Choir, And 12 Weeks Till Christmas

My Week 40 in my Filofax

My first tablet/ My fresher's t shirt/ Fajitas at the grub crawl/ My new weather and autumn stickers from itsprettycraftyuk on etsy/ Jollof rice from the grub crawl/ Pizza from the grub crawl/ Late breakfast on Saturday morning- quaker oats.


Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom"
Colossians 3:16

This week was another very busy week for me. I'm not sure if you can tell from how much stuff I have written down in my planner. I have again divided all what I have to share into days but that's only because a lot happened this week and I feel it would be easier to share like that. It was the second week of fresher's fortnight and it was a good yet tiring one.

Monday:
We had an introduction to anatomy lecture and we also had a session in the dissection room. We are going to have sessions in the dissection room every week alongside medical students using cadavers so I am quite looking forward to this. I found the session on Monday alright and I didn't feel faint or anything so that is a good start.

Tuesday:
We were all given tablets (picture in photo collage above) on Tuesday and I thought it was very nice of the uni to do that. It is my very first tablet and the aim is for us to use it to aid our learning.
We also had a grub crawl later that night. It was an event organised by the christian union for non- drinkers or anyone who didn't fancy going to the original uni event which was a pub crawl. We had a fantastic time. I took some pics of the food we had as you can see above. The dessert was amazing too. I was so full at the end of the night.

Wednesday:
We had a free day on so there were no lectures at all. I just relaxed and tried to mentally prepare myself for the start of lectures.

Thursday:
This was the first day of lectures and we started at 9:45a.m and finished at 5pm so it was a pretty long day.

Friday:
More lectures and one of our lecturers didn't turn up which was a shame.
We had a gospel choir rehearsal later on that evening which was so much fun. I was in my college choir and I was so looking forward to joining the uni choir but I thought a gospel choir is even better.

Saturday:
There was a movie afternoon at halls and I think the movie they put on was Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone.

Sunday:
The end of fresher's was marked with the Fresher's Ball today. I didn't attend because I thought the price was a bit on the steep side but oh well. I think I have had a very fun filled fresher's fortnight and I seriously don't regret anything so unto more lectures tomorrow. The work begins.

Also, can you guys believe it's only 12 weeks left till another Christmas? I can't wait. I'm super excited :)

Hope you guys had a fun and exciting week. Let me know what you got up to in the comments.
Thanks for reading.