Sunday, 11 October 2015

My Week #41 (2015)

First Lab Practical, African And Carribean Soceity Meet And Greet And African Show At Trafalgar Square,


My Week 41 in my Filofax

In the library prepping for a session in the dissection room/ Loving the autumn leaves/ My not-so good anatomy drawings/ Food at the African And Carribean Soceity/ At a basic biology lecture/ I cooked fried rice :)

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever"
Hebrews 13:18

This was another busy week for me and I have a feeling it's only going to get busier from now onwards.

Monday:
Had another session in the dissection room which I quite enjoyed. I met the five other students in my group which I will be learning with for the rest of the semester. Our demonstrator was quite fun too and was a final year med student.

Tuesday:
We had our first lab practical and we were looking at microscopy and blood cells. I thought it was really interesting looking at all those blood cells under the microscope and trying to find the abnormal ones and also trying to think about what sort of  conditions could be associated to the abnormal blood films.
 I decided not to go for my first volleyball session because I wasn't feeling too well. I went to the Christian Union meeting in the evening and my friends decided to ditch the Volleybal session too. When we got back to halls, we decided to watch a movie instead. We watched Insidious which I thought was really scary but now I really want to watch the second and third haha.

Wednesday:
We didn't have any lectures so I went to the library in the morning to get some work done. Then when I got back, I cooked  and then my friends and I went to the African and Carribean Soceity meet and greet. The food was really good. It was nice to have African food with others. After the meal we played games and also had a dance battle between the fresher's and returners. It wasn't my intention to join at first but I got involved at the last minute in the final round with the afrobeats. I just couldn't help it. Now they want me to audition for the fashion show. I still have to think about that. 
By the way, we (freshers) won the dance battle :)

Thursday:
It was a good thing my first lecture was at 2 in the afternoon coz I was a bit tired from all the dancing and shouting the previous night. I went to a Basic Biology lecture after my last lecture to brush up on my A level biology and also to make it easier for me to grasp the concept of what we are being taught now.
Later on that evening, I got an email saying that my application to be a student ambassador has been approved and they would like me to confirm a day to attend training. They said they were expecting about 250 applications and they only choose 70 students so I was so happy when I was chosen. I am super excited for the future.

Friday:
I had my first ever tutorial and I got the chance to meet the other students in my tutorial group.

Saturday:
My friends and I went to the African Show in Trafalgar Square. This is the second time they are hosting Africa On The Square. There were loads of talented people there selling really nice african handame items including clothes, shoes, jewellery, food and there was even really good music as well. It was such a shame I didn't have enough money with me coz I felt like buying every single thing I saw.

My dashiki outfit of the day/ African print necklaces, earrings and dresses/ African print bags, hair accessories and wallets/Baby onesie cupcake stand/ My first henna

Sunday:
I am so tired today. My legs hurt a bit from all the queuing yesterday but I just have a bit of work to catch up on and that I will hopefully relax and prepare for the new week.

Hope you guys had a lovely week.
Thanks for reading.
God bless.