Sunday, 18 October 2015

My Week #42 (2015)

Bones And Joints, Volleyball Session, Essay Writing, Fashion Show Auditions, Open Mic Night And Sleep Over


My Week 42 in my Filofax

Loved the change in the colour of the sky. It was about to rain./ I cooked hotpot/ At the fashion show auditions/ Gospel Choir at the Open Mic Night/ At my uni family meet up eating pizza/ Dinner and sleepover with my uni mum and sisters.

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31

This week was yet another busy and painful one. You'll get to know more about the "painful" part as you read along.

Monday:
In our session in the dissection room, we learnt about bones and joints. There are so many things we have to remember in terms of names and they just had to name every point and bump on each bone in our bodies.

Tuesday:
We had our first assessed lab practical and it was 3 and a half hours long. At first I didn't think I was going to stay there till the end but my friends and I ended up leaving the lab just 5 mins before time.
At the Christian Union meeting later that evening, the gospel choir performed. One of our lecturers shared her testimony about how she met Jesus and it was such a fun talk and we had free pizza at the end.
After CU, my friends and I then went to play volleyball. I quite enjoyed it and thought it was fun.

Wednesday:
I had met my tutor on Tuesday and showed her my formative essay plan so I started writing it. It is due on the 22nd of October.

Thursday:
I auditioned for the fashion show guys and it was very very intense. The fashion show here at George's is basically a dance show and it is for charity. I love dancing and after a bit of encouragement, I decided to try it out. We were taught a dance routine which involved loads of squats(from the girls) and sliding(from the guys) and after 2 hours of trying to learn it, we had to audition with our dance partners. I was and still am in so much pain from that audition- hence the painful week. The fact that I have come down with a cold too doesn't help at all as I have been coughing and sneezing and sniffing all week.
The cast list for the fashion show will be up tomorrow and we will all also receive an email letting us know if we got in or not so fingers crossed guys.

Friday:
We had our first Open Mic Night in the Student Union Bar and again, the gospel choir were the first to perform, They loved our performance and have invited us to come back next month.
I also went to a meet up for my uni family and got to meet all the older years. I really love the family system here at George's. It's so much fun. We had loads of pizza and shared amazing and funny stories.

Staurday:
I had dinner and desert at my uni mum's house and also with my uni sisters. The food was amazing  and I love how we all get along so well even with her housemates. We were going to sleep over initially but because most of us had to wake up early this morning, we decided to walk back to halls. It was a very fun night though with many amazing stories shared.

Sunday:
I went to church this morning and I was still tired from last night so I took a long nap after church and did some work. I am just looking forward to watching the X Factor tonight.

How has your week been guys?
Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading.
God bless.