Sunday, 25 October 2015

My Week #43 (2015)

Charity Week, Fashion Show Cast List, Teddy Bear Hospital Training, Student Ambassador Training, ACS Debate

My Week 43 in my Filofax

Balloon release marking the charity week at St George's/ Eating chicken curry during lunch/ During my Student Ambassador training, we were given a tour of the uni and in one of the physiotherapy rooms we saw this skeleton chilling with an umbrella haha/ Me eating in the library-oops/ A sumo wrestling match between lecturers/ Cortical bone specimen during a histology practical.

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid"
John 14:27

Monday:
If you read my post last Sunday, you would know by now that I auditioned for the fashion show which is basically a dance show. The cast list was released and I got in. I was so happy considering the fact that I was in so much pain after the auditions last Thursday. It was all worth it I guess.

Tuesday:
I went for the Teddy Bear Hospital training. TBH is a community project where we work with children in clinics teaching them about hygiene, first aid, healthy lifestyle and so many other fun health topics. So many of us have signed up for it so I'm guessing it will be a struggle getting a clinic as many of us will like to sign up but I will keep my fingers crossed so hopefully I can get to go to at least one clinic.

Wednesday:
I had my Student Ambassador training which was 3 hours long. After long talks and handing in our forms, they gave us a tour of the university to try and give us an idea of how to do it during open days.
Later that evening, I went to the African And Carribean Soceity debate about some key issues in the black soceity, black culture and problems surrounding our day to day lives. It was a pretty interesting evening as I got to hear the arguments from both sides and it got me thinking about lots of other issues. 

Thursday:
This was the deadline for our formative essays.I had submitted mine the night before so I wasn't too stressed about it.
Later that evening, we went to a charity event where our lecturers where involved in a Sumo wrestling match. It was one of the events for our charity week here at St George's and it was such fun to watch.

Friday:
I went for gospel choir rehearsal and then for the Fashion Show social later on. We found out which dances we are in and when we are going to be practising. I am in 2 dances and 1 medley including an African dance so I am really excited.

Saturday:
I woke up late coz I was quite tired from the previous night and all I did was work and then relaxed in the evening.

Sunday:
After church, I cooked chicken stew and then did some prep for my practical on Tuesday which is going to be assessed. I also just finished watching the X Factor and I am so looking forward to the start of the live shows next week.

#Haircrush of the week
Still loving the frohawk :)

How has your week been guys?
Let me know in the comments
Thanks for reading :)
God bless.