Sunday, 22 November 2015

My Week #47 (2015)

Fashion Show Rehearsals Week 4, Going Home For The Weekend And Too Much Food.


Week 47 in my Filofax

Back home for the weekend/ Cooking fried rice at home with my mum/ Fried plantains/ Me eating fufu and eru- a very famous and much loved Cameroonian dish.

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God"
1 John 4:7

Monday
This was the beginning of the week 4 of the fashion show rehearsals. Time has flown by and it is nearly the end and I am so happy it is finally coming to an end. It has been a stressful couple of weeks but I hope the show goes really well for all of us considering all the hard work we all have put in.

Tuesday
We had an enzyme kinetics practical where we had to collect from 2 experiments we carried out and then do a practical write up which includes drawing of graphs, interpretation of results and so on. We were given 2 weeks to complete the write up so I need to make sure I get that over and done with.

Wednesday
We had more rehearsals in the evening and we learnt the finale for the Afreakan dance I am in. It is my favourite dance and the finale is my favourite part about the dance.

Thursday
 We had another meeting with our personal tutors. Our first meeting was a couple of weeks ago where they gave us our formative essay titles. My essay topic was about the discovery of dendritic cells and their importance in adaptive immunity. My tutor gave me feedback on the structure and referencing and then I showed her my portfolio. I have been working on my portfolio for a while now and I might share the set up in the near future.

Friday
I mentioned last week that I was going home and so after lectures I took the train back home. I got home at around half eight ish in the evening and it was so nice to see my family especially my brothers.

Saturday
We were hosting a church event at our house and we had loads of people from our church back in Cameroon. I helped my mum with the preparation and the cooking. For most of the day, I was looking after the children but it was a good day overall. There was loads of food too.

Sunday
Immediately after church, I took the train back to London and I got to London at about half 4. I had missed the Saturday dance rehearsals so I had to go to uni first to go through the run throughs and the dress and tech runs. It was a really hectic day and I ended getting back to halls at midnight.
I thank God for the strength He provided throughout the week.

How has your week been guys. Do let me know in the comments.
Thanks ever so much for stopping by.
God bless :)