Sunday, 29 November 2015

My Week #48 (2015)

Christian Union Mission Week, Dancing All Night And Fashion Show 2015 And Guest Post.

Week 48 in my Filofax

My outfit for one of the Beyonce Medley- SGUL Fashion Show 2015/ The lovely Fashion Show 2k15 cast/ Setting up the SU Bar for the show/ Getting ready for one of my dances- I am gonna miss that leotard/ Amazing Fashion Show Artists at work/ Dance rehearsal until 3;30 in the morning. Getting ready for the Afreakan dance :D

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works."
Hebrews 10:24

Monday:
Recovering from the show run throughs the night before, we had to get back to work as we all had our one of our last rehearsals. One of my rehearsals was supposed to be an hour long but ended up taking almost 2 hours,

Tuesday:
We had a cardiac simulation practical based on pharmacology. We basically spent about an hour clicking on different drugs and chemicals and seeing how it affected heart rate, blood pressure and skeletal muscle contraction. Then we had to think about why we got the responses we got in terms of receptors invloved, neurotransmitters and signals. We had a little quiz at the end which I did well in. The idea of a quiz about a subject as complicated as pharmacology scared me at first but then it was very good exam practice which made me realise that I actually did know it.

I had more dance rehearsals and we learnt the finale for the Afreakan dance which was one of my favourite dances.

Wednesday:
We didn't have any lectures but instead the very last set of fashion show run throughs started at about 3pm and we didn't leave there till about 3;30a.m in the morning.

Thursday:
I had a very late night and didn't sleep until about 4 in the morning so I missed my very first lecture but then I was able to attend the other 4 we had in the afternoon which wasn't too bad.

The first night of the show started at 7:30. The turn out was good considering the fact that it was only the first day and I really loved performing.

Friday:
Friday night was amazing. There were so many people and the SU bar was totally packed with people and the crowd was amazing. There was an after party after the show which was really good too. We all had so much fun and I wished it wasn't over.

Saturday:
I finally got the chance to recover from the long weeks of rehearsals. I did some work and then went to Gospel Choir rehearsals in the evening.

Sunday:
After church, my flatmate and I had some people from church over and we had food and watched movies so it was a really lovely time. I then had a nap after that coz I was tired. I'm ready to start the new week.
Finally, I wrote a guest post on the blog Letters To Jayna run by the lovely Elissa about my journalling experience. You can check it out if you want.

Hope you guys had a lovely week.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)