Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Scripture Art Journal Flipthrough #12 + Video

Hello everyone,
I can't believe this is the last flip through from my Scripture Art Journal for this year. When I decided to take this challenge back in January, I had no idea if I was going to keep up with it. I am happy to say that it was a great success and I manged to journal every week for the whole of 2015. I have had such a lovely time and I have discovered so many things about myself that I never knew I had. 
This challenge has really helped me draw closer to God because it has helped me discover more about His Word, His promises and just his attributes which makes Him who He is. 
This wouldn't be the last time I will share pages from my scripture art journal. I plan on sharing more pages in the future. 

If you guys remember from last month's post, I did mention that I was taking part in an "Act Of Love Challenge" this month and I will give an update on that at the end of this post.


Week 49 
I couldn't resist but use some of my Christmas stickers in this month's pages. It is the festive season anyway so I guess I am allowed to go overboard :D



I think I have said enough about all the bible verses being one of my favourites. I love this verse because it focuses on our minds. Our minds can harbour lots of thoughts that can become our words, our attitude and even our way of life. I like that it uses the words true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable excellent and praiseworthy. Anything that gives glory to our Heavenly Father would do.


Week 50


I feel like 2015 has been a year where I have come to learn a lot about obedience. Obedience to parents, elders and most importantly, obedience to God. I have learned that it is very important to obey Him because He knows what is best for us and not listening to Him when He speaks to us could lead to us ending up on the wrong path.

Week 51


I thought this was a really good verse to think about especially in the last month of the year. There might have been things that we might have done or things that might have happened during the year that we regret but I believe God is trying to tell us that the past does not matter anymore. He is about to give us a brand new beginning and if we focus on Him, we will be able to see it, grab it and enjoy in the new and glorious future He has planned for us.

Week 52


I really do love this verse. There is a song I love with lyrics that go "If stones could praise the Lord, that will not be in my time. I will never let a stone take my place. I will rise and take my rightful place." Our rightful place as children of God is to praise Him always in every situation.


Week 53


This was an extra verse but I decided to do it anyway because I thought it was suitable for a perfect ending. This just reminds us about the fact that this world is not our home. We are only passing by. Our real home is in heaven and so now that we have found the Lord, we should be steadfast, pray always and keep trusting because He has prepared a place for us in Heaven and our crown awaits us.

Finally, I did mention in last month's post that I was going to be doing a little project which involved making a greeting card for a WW2 veteran who lived in a nursing home in New York. I had never made a card before but instead of just an ordinary card, I thought I'd send him a hug as well in the mail.
I traced both my hands on cardboard paper and cut them out then attached it to a ribbon. At the centre of the ribbon was the card I made and I also added some embellishments and inspirational words like You are loved, you are hope-filled, you are loved, God loves you most.
I also bought a card for another lady whose story I saw on a Facebook group. I really hope they all got their cards and I hope they liked it.


Scripture Art Journal Flip through video.

If you missed any of my previous flip throughs here., you can see all of them again That's all for now guys. I will be doing another challenge in 2016 so stay tuned for that. I am so excited for the new year and I hope to speak to you all then. 
Have a wonderful day.
God bless.