Wednesday, 27 January 2016

A Day In The Life Of Joanny: First Year Biomed


Hello guys,
I have been wanting to do one of these again in forever. My first unofficial "Day In The Life" post was for Christmas Day 2014 and then I did another one for my Typical Day As A Healthcare Assistant and it was fun to do so I thought I'd do another one.

Today I will be sharing with you what I got up to yesterday. It is almost like a typical day of my uni life except exams are really soon so I did spend most of my time revising.

 I had set my alarm clock for 7 am. I don't normally use it to wake me up but I have been using it for the past few days because it is the only thing that can get me out of my bed and keep me awake haha.


This was the early morning view from my uni room window.
This was the last day of lectures for semester one and we had a 9 am start so I had to wake up early.

This was my outfit for the day.

I usually make sure I get ready to leave by 8:15 because the lecture theatre usually gets packed with people and if we would not get the chance to choose where we want to sit. I usually walk to uni with my friend who is also my flatmate.

It takes us about 15 to 20 mins to get to the uni campus. SGUL shares it's campus with St George's Hospital too. At the very beginning of the academic year we normally took about half an hour to get to uni but we are improving our walking speed and we're getting used to it now. It's good early morning exercise. We got to uni at about 8:40.


This was the first of 4 lectures we had and this lecture was about viruses with some very interesting images.
In our last lecture we did a practice exam paper for one of our modules and we also got feedback for 2 assessed practicals we had a few weeks ago.

After our last lecture at 1pm, my friend and I went to the computer room. I have been working in one of the computer rooms for the past few weeks because I find it to be less distracting and I just work better in there.

Just some of my notes on chronic inflammation.


At 6pm, we left for the christian union meeting. I really love the CU meetings and I love going to them. They take place very Tuesday at uni and its just a nice time to study the bible, worship and just talk to other students. We're all like a little family and it's so cool. We also always have food which is good. I tried to go for a healthier option by taking the apple but I also could not resist the chocolate mini doughnuts.

The bible verse the teaching was based on that day was Psalm 27 which is a really good Psalm where David was talking about his confidence in God. It was a great encouragement for us especially during a stressful time like this.
After the CU meeting, I hung around for a little bit and talked to the older years and then I went back to do some more work. I finally left uni at 9:30pm.


When I got back to halls, it was really nice to finally have a home cooked meal. There's nothing better than ending the day with some good food.

So that's all I got up to yesterday. In the future, I'll try and pick another day so I can show you guys the different things I get to do during the week as everyday is different.
Hope you all enjoyed this post.
If any of you are at uni, do you have busy days or more chilled out days? Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.