Sunday, 10 January 2016

My Week #1 In Review (2016)

Back To Uni, Karate Club, Teddy Bear Hospital Placement and Revision Catch Up

My Week 1 in my Filofax

In the train back to London/ At the undeground station/ Back in my room and my view/ Only food left to eat/ Catching up on work/ Made spaghetti and meatballs :)

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"Therefore my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:58
 
Monday:
 I went back to uni. The underground station was so crowded and most of the trains were overflowing with people. Had to wait a while before I could fit in one of them with my suitcase and bags. I had so much fun at home and I guess now its time to get back into the swing of things.

Tuesday:
 It was an early start for me and I spent most of my day in the library revising. After that my flatmate and I went to Christian Union meeting and then later we went to our first ever Karate Class. I had never tried karate before but I decided to try something new to try and get out of my comfort zone. It was really fun and they taught how to defend ourselves if were were grabbed by the wrist, how to kick and how to block a punch. I think we might go back next week because it was really fun.

 Wednesday:
I went for my very first Teddy Bear Hospital Clinic. TBH is a community project soceity where we go to primary schools and teach children on various topics. All the kids were below 5 years old and there were various stations including Surgery, Scrubbing Up, Ambulance, Dentists, X ray, Healthy Eating, Lungs e.t.c. I had the Surgery station. I was a bit nervous when there weren't enough of us and I realised I was going to be running the station on my own but the more I did it, the better I got at managing my time and dealing with the fact that sometimes the children's attention was diverted. I tried to make the station as interactive as possible and make sure they understood what each organ did.

Thursday:

I had quite a busy and stressful day in terms of lectures. I did stay in the library at the end of the day which made me quite tired so I did have an early night.

Friday:
I also had a long day of lectures as well and we even had a little mock for one of my modules which was alright. We finished earlier and so again, I stayed in the library till about 9pm.
 
Saturday:
My plan was to wake up early enough and go to the lbrary. I didn't wake up as early as I wanted to but I did go to the library and I would say I had quite a productive day.

Sunday:
After church I made pasta, took a nap and then woke up to study. Exams are on the 2nd and 4th of February so things are getting pretty busy around here.

Hope you all had a great week.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless 😊