Sunday, 17 January 2016

My Week #2 In Review (2016)

My First Visit To An African Restaurant, Early Morning Revision Sessions And Tooting Show Acting And Dance Auditions

My Week 2 in my Filofax :)

Prepping for 9 am lectures/ One of my favourite scriptures about gratitude- 2 Thessalonians 5:16-18   /Hair ball removed from teenager's stomach by surgeons.She had been eating her hair for a long time/ Chocolate treats in the library/ Filofax sighting in the library. I think it was an A5 Rosegold Saffiano./ What I wore to dinner at the African restaurant./ Food- Jollof rice, fried plantains and stew./ Pounded Yam and Egusi Soup/ Chicken Suya. Was very spicy and tasty.

Monday:
We had an anatomy session in the dissection room about the gastrointestinal tract which I enjoyed because I did a lot of prepping for it which always pays off. We were supposed to have an assessed gut computer practical in the afternoon but it was cancelled due to unfortunate circumstances. I spent the rest of my day finishing off my anatomy notes.

Tuesday:
We had another assessed practical about Karyotyping (lots of stuff to do with DNA) and later on that evening, I went to dinner with the other dancers that were in the Afreakan dance from the Fashion Show(the dance show I took part in last term). Our choreographer organised the outing and we went to an African restaurant. I had never been to one before that. The food was really tasty and it was good company.

Wednesday:
We didn't have any lectures so my friends organised an early morning revision session which was supposed to start at 6 am. There were some people who obviously failed to wake up at that time and we didn't start until 7:30 and sort of finished at 12. I did go to uni to help out at a student ambassadors event.
Later that evening, I went to the Tooting Show Acting auditions. The Tooting Show is another big show here at SGUL that takes place every year in March.The difference from the Fashion Show is that it also involves acting and singing as well as dancing. I went to the acting auditions because my friend was auditioning but I was roped in for the warm up which was really fun.

Thursday:
We didn't have any proper lectures but we did have two revision workshops for one of our modules.

Friday:
We had yet another long day of lectures and then I went for the Tooting Show dance auditions in the evening along with my friends. It was so much fun and unlike the Fashion Show auditions, it was quite chilled.

Saturday:
I had a bit of pain from the dance auditions the night before but my flatmate woke me up nice and early so we went to the library.
When I got back, I made chilli corne carne.

Sunday:
It snowed today. I saw it this morning on my way to church. After church, I had some alone time since I was probably the only one in the flat and then I took a nap. I think I'm just going to see how much work I can do tonight then call it a day.

How has your week been?
Do let me know in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.