Sunday, 3 January 2016

My Week #53 (2015)

NICU Shadowing Shift, Goodbye 2015, Happy New Year, 2016 Resolutions?

Week 53 in my Filofax

Another beautifully decorated house/ Me eating fried rice alone in my uni room/ Having lunch with doctors and nurses / I bought a fauxdori notebook cover -review coming soon./ New Year 2016/ My chocolate addiction taking over while waiting for the train  after work.

 Bible Verse Of The Week:
"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown."
Revelation 3:11

This week, I had a 10 hour shift in the neonatal unit at St George's Hospital. I had to leave home the night before and I spent the night in my uni room because the uni is very close to the hospital. The night was really quiet and it was then it hit me that I actually missed my flatmates. The shift itself involved me shadowing the doctors on the ward. All the patients were babies under 1 and most of them were pre-term babies. I went for the ward round in the morning and the consultant was really nice. The staff were very friendly too and made me feel welcome so this made the day so much easier. I got to watch one of the doctors do a lumbar puncture on a baby, watched the consultant do a manual aspiration via a chest drain and also learnt lots of new things. My tutor did advice me to keep a record of everything I do in my portfolio as it might be useful in future and so I made notes during the placement and will be putting that in my portfolio when I get back to uni.

2015 is finally over. It was a really good year for me and you can read about my review as well as my 2016 goals here.

My song for 2016: 
Destiny- Tina Campbell


I am singing hallelujah. I'm not what I used to be. I'm following Jesus everyday to reach my destiny

Hope you all had a great week and first few days of the new year.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.