Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Review: My First Fauxdori Journal Notebook Cover

Hello guys,

In today's post, I wanted to share with you all my very first fauxdori notebook cover. This was one of the things my brothers got me for Christmas and I thought I'd share with you.
This is something that is very popular in the planner and journalling world. When I first heard about mtns, I thought they weren't really for me but because I have recently gotten into journalling, I am trying out different options. I had to make a decision between the hobonichi techo and the midori. I decided to go with the midori in the end because I'm not very keen on the fact that the covers for the Hobonichis are updated every year and this would probably make me want to keep buying new ones every year.

I have been wanting to try an a6 size journal cover. I was aware of the regular, large and field notes sizes for the midori traveller's notebooks but I wanted something slightly bigger than the fields notes size. 

I went on a search on etsy as usual and came across so many shops selling hand made mtns aka "Fauxdoris" and I took a liking to this particular one.

The name of the shop I got it from is Pandori Box

These are the links for the etsy seller.

My first impressions are that I absolutely love the floral pattern on this and the colour definitely attracted me. 

It came with a charm as well that had the words "made with love" and I thought this added a personal touch to it.

I also like the fact that the polka dots material used on the inside is not as bright as the outside. I love the contrast.

The seller also kindly included a folder insert which I think will be very necessary. 

Another thing she included was a notebook insert with square paper which was nice of her.

She also included adorable heart paperclips.


I had been trying to decide what kind of notebook I was going to use and I stumbled upon an A6 NU notebook in my local Ryman Stationery shop. I have heard quite a few things about NU notebooks so I am looking forward to using it.

I found a way to put both the NU notebook and the other folder insert iside the fauxdori. 

This is my fauxdori notebook cover stuffed. 

Finally, it also came with a pen holder and the seller added a pen and spare elastic bands. I am going to have to figure out a way to attach these elastic bands.


I have decided to use this as my gratitude journal which is the 52 week project I have decided to tackle this year. I am really excited about this project and so if you would like to see what I get up to, don't forget to check back at the end of every month for my gratitude journal flip throughs.
Do you own a mtn or a fauxdori?  If not, do you think you would ever try using one?
Please do let me know in the comments. 
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless :)