Friday, 1 January 2016

The Best Of 2015 And 2016 Goals

Happy new year spinning sign
Hey guys,

I want to start off first of all by saying a massive Happy New Year to you all. Am I the only one who is still finding in hard to come to terms with the fact that 2015 is over? It seriously went by so fast and it's time to start another chapter of our lives. 
Today, I am going to be doing a review of my year 2015 and also talking about my goals for 2016. I did a similar post last year and you can see what my goals were here.
I am going to be answering a list of questions which I got from this blog here.  There are quite a handful of questions which can help you reflect on your year but I only decided to go with a few.
Before tackling the questions, here's a quick summary of everything that happened in 2015.

I got my first pair of glasses/ Our neighbours got a dog which I really love/ I opened my Etsy Shop. I also started a YouTube Channel/ I tried out acrylic painting on canvas/ I spent a lot of time with my friends from college/ I stopped being a permanent staff at the hospital. I am now a bank healthcare assistant/ I started uni./ Went to the Africa On The Square in Trafalgar Square/ I got my first henna/ I kept a Scripture Art Journal/ I started my natural hair journey/ Went to Winter Wonderland with my friends/ Took part in the Fashion Show/ Played more of my ukulele/ Had a wonderful Christmas.

2015

1. If you had to describe 2015 in 3 words, what would they be?
Spiritual growth, obedience, patience and friendships.
I feel like I have a learnt a lot in 2015 and the most important of them were the values of friendship, true obedience to God, patience and spiritual growth.

2. What was the best news you received?
When I received an email saying I had gotten into uni.
There had been a misunderstanding and the uni was withholding an offer from me but after waiting for months, I was finally given an offer which was really nice.

3. What is your favourite place that you visited in 2015?
I didn't really visit that many interesting places this year. I had planned to travel during my gap year but sadly, that didn't happen. Anyway, some of the places or events I went to were Africa On The Square - an event that took place in Trafalgar Square and also Winter Wonderland.

4. What or who are you most thankful for:
I am very thankful for my family, for strength, for my friends(both old and new) and for God always being who He is.

5. What was the most important lesson you learnt?
The most important lesson I learnt is in my current favourite quote of all time.



6. What 5 people did you enjoy spending most time with?
My mum. my dad, my 2 younger brothers.

7. How did your relationship with your family evolve?
It has gotten a lot better over the past 2 years. Taking time off uni has caused me to spend a lot of time with my brothers. We have grown older obviously but to me the bond between us has become stronger and we have become closer.

8. What was your favourite compliment that you received?
My two favourite compliments from this year were "You dance really well" and "You are a very happy person".

9. What cool things did you create?
Opening an Etsy shop this year motivated me to create a lot of things like planner dashboards, dividers, handmade bookmarks, posters, sticky notes sets, planner dividers and others. 2015 brought out the creative side of me and I discovered so many talents I never knew I had and I am thankful to God for that.

10. What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
Getting into uni for me is a stepping stone which will hopefully pave a way for me to get into medicine in the future.

11. What experience would you love to do all over again?
I would love to relive every single moment that made me laugh or even smile.

12. What was the funniest moment of the year?
Some of my favourite funny moments were from work, Dealing with confused patients can be quite exhausting but it comes with many funny moments like one time when two elderly patients were trying to escape from the ward using one walking frame. It was a sight to see how determined they were to leave with all their bags and to see that obviously they didn't go very far.

13. What one thing would you do differently and why?
To take things slow sometimes and have some fun.

14. What advice would you give your early 2014 self if you could?
That things will work always work out in the end, and if they don't, then that only means  it's not the end yet.

15. What or who had the most positive impact in your life this year?
Journalling has made a very positive impact in my life. I was able to  learn a lot from keeping a faith and scripture art journal.  
Working in hospital was also one of the best things that happened to me. I got to learn a whole lot and the life lessons I learnt will really be useful for me both now and in the future.


2016

1. What do you want the overarching theme for 2016 to be?
Gratitude.
I would like to learn to be more grateful in 2016. I think being grateful is a very useful way of life and I'd like to let that be a part of my life.

2, What do you want to see, discover, explore?
I'm not really sure about this one but I guess I'd like to discover more of London.
There's lots of things to do in the city and I have taken that opportunity yet.

3. Who do you want to spend more time with?
Friends and family.

4. What skills do you want to learn, improve, master?
I want to learn how to play the guitar. I taught myself to lay the ukulele for years and in 2016, I want to teach myself to play the guitar too.

5. What personality quality do you want to improve, strenghthen?
I would like to continue being the strong independent woman I have become. A bit more outgoing, getting out of my comfort zone and being confident in everything I do.

6.Which habits do you want to cultivate, get rid of or cultivate?
Stop sleeping late. I developed a really bad habit in 2015 which involved going to bed really late even when I had 9 am lectures the next morning. I want to take my beauty sleep seriously.

7. What do you want your everyday life to be like?
Life is always going to be life with good days and bad days but through every single day, I want to learn to be grateful- to thank God for blessings and to look on the bright side when things get darker.

8.  What do you want to achieve career wise?
Well my dream job will be to be a doctor and so I hope 2016 ends getting me closer to that goal.

9. How do you want to remember 2016?
The year I achieved if not all but most of what I planned to achieve.

10. What is your number one goal for 2016?
I want to do well in my first year exams and also to pass my driving test.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post.
If you have any goals, resolutions or aims for the new year, do let me know in the comments. I am so excited about 2016. Thank you all so much for sticking with my blog. Massive welcome to new followers. You all have made my year amazing. I am excited for 2016 and I can't wait to see how the year unfolds. Hopefully it will be a great year for all of us.
Thanks ever so much for reading.
God bless.