Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Gratitude Journal Flip Through #1

Hello lovely people,

I am very excited to share the very first post in my new 2016 series. Last year I did a Scripture Art Journal Challenge where I journalled about scriptures every week for 52 weeks and you can view a flip through of my journal here.

This year I am taking on another challenge but it is a 52 week gratitude challenge.


So for 52 weeks I will be journalling about different things I am grateful for. My word for 2016 is gratitude and so I thought this would be a very good challenge for me to learn more about this important attribute.

To make things even more difficult for myself, I have decided to go with two different sets of prompts because I couldn't make a choice.

 
My first list of journalling prompts is from this list I found online here.

My second source of journalling prompts is from a very talented lady called Jenny Frith. She owns a blog and she started this Gratitude52 community where she shares journalling prompts every Friday on her blog. There is also a group on Instagram where you can share your pictures and connect with other very talented artists out there. You can sign up for the challenge by checking out Jenny's blog here and you can also be a part of the Gratitude52 community here.

I am using my Fauxdori notebook cover and the notebook inside is a plain NU notebook and it is in A6 size.

When you open up my gratitude journal, this is the first page you see.



The sticker is from a collection of faith based stickers I got from etsy.

The first prompt for week 1 was to think about why I wanted to do this challenge and truthfully, the reason I'm doing this is to learn to be more grateful. I have come to understand that gratitude is a very important attribute and it is a gateway to many blessings. We gain nothing from complaining all the time but learning how to show appreciation even for the little things in life is very important.

Jenny's prompt for week 1 was to practice lettering and so we were asked to choose any favourite quote or bible verse about gratitude. I immediately went for this one because it is my favourite scripture about gratitude. It reminds us that it is in fact God's will for us to be thankful in ALL circumstances we find ourselves in. Even when it doesn't make sense, there will always be something to be thankful for.

The first prompt for week 2 was spouses or significant others. I am currently not in a relationship and so I decided to do an entry for my future hubby. I was so motivated by this prompt that I even wrote a letter to future hubby. I am going to keep it because I'd like to look back in the future and see how I felt at this point in my life. 

Jenny's prompt for week 2 was conversations with friends. I found this quote online and I could really relate to it. I can't thank God enough for all the people I call friends.

The first prompt for week 3 was family. I am so grateful for my parents and siblings and these are one of the most important people in my life that words would never be enough to express how grateful to God I am for blessing me with loving people like them.

Jenny's prompt for week  3 was art supplies. I have been into journalling for almost two years now and even though I can't really call myself a proper artist as I still have a lot to learn, I am very much thankful for art supplies which aid us to be able to express ourselves. What I love about art is that everyone has their own way of doing it. There is no right or wrong way to journal and the more you do it, the better you get and the more you enjoy it. So I am thankful for the gift of self expression through art.

First prompt for week 4 was a family member. I had to choose one person and I decided to go with my mum. I absolutely am blessed to have her as my mother and as cheesy as it may sound, words would never be able to describe how much I love her. I would be more than grateful to God if I ever turn out to be even half the role model she is to me.
As cheesy as this sounds, when I grow older, I do really want to be like my mum. She inspires me so much.


And last but not the least, Jenny's prompt for week 4 was shelter. Even thought it didn't snow very much in this part of the UK, it is really cold and for the past few days, I have been battling flu. I am grateful for a room to go back to after long walks in the cold, a bed to sleep on, heating in my room, good food to eat, lemsip to help clear the cold and also for waking up to hot showers in the morning.

The YouTube video

That's all I will be sharing for now. Feel free to check back at the end of the month for a flip through of February's pages.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)