Sunday, 28 February 2016

My Week #8 In Review (2016)

Electrophoresis, Rag Week Take Me Out, Tooting Show Weekend Rehearsals


Week 8 in my Filofax


Chocolate treats/ Making notes/ Lab practical- we were waiting for our electrophoresis gel/ Our gel was finally dry and stained/ Proudly displaying my Filo in the library :)/ Having lunch with friends/ I fried plantain. It was not as ripe as I had wanted but it was still good.

Monday:
Week started with a bit of rain. I woke up early to go to town because I needed to get birthday gifts for 2 of my friends who had their birthdays this week. I only had one 2 hour rehearsal in the evening and my uni mum gave me a ride back to halls.

Tuesday:
I had a rehearsal from 5-6pm and then I had another one from 9:30 to 11pm so it was a really tiring day for me.

Wednesday:
We didn't have any lectures today but I had a practical from 9:30am to 12:30pm. It was on haemoglobin electrophoresis which I thought was really interesting. We were given blood samples of a mother, father and their child and we were supposed to find out their genotype using electrophoresis to find out if the child was suffering from sickle cell disease. I really enjoyed this practical as we were working with actual human blood.
After the practical, I went to the library to study. I was supposed to have a dance rehearsal at 5 but they cancelled it and moved it till the next day.

Thursday:
We had SGUL's version of Take Me Out which was very interesting. I did have rehearsals for most of the evening so I didn't get the time to watch all of it.

Friday:
Lectures finished quite early and then I had Gospel Choir rehearsal from for a few hours before going back home.
I also go the chance to skype with my uncle who is in Cameroon. It had been a really long time since I did so it was really nice.

Saturday:
We had our very first weekend rehearsals. We had rehearsals at different times of the day and we finished  a bit early.

Sunday:
This was the second day of weekend rehearsals. I had to go back straight to uni after church because I had a rehearsal at 12 and then after all the rehearsals, we did a run- through of the whole show including all the dances, singers, actors in the order in which they will appear in the show. It was quite good and the acting was really funny.
When I got back I was really tired but I just had to get some work done before going to bed.
It's going to be another long week but I'm praying for all the strength I need.
How has your week been?
Please do let me know in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.