Wednesday, 6 April 2016

Gratitude Journal Flip Through #3

Hello lovely people,

Today I will be sharing with you pages from my gratitude journal for the month of March. It was hard keeping up with the weekly prompts that's why I moved from posting at the end of the month to the beginning of the following month. I have just been a bit busy with uni work but thank God I still managed to make time for a bit of journalling. You can check out my previous pages here.

If you read last month's post you might remember that the last prompt was "Show gratitude to 3 people." The first prompt for Week 9 was "How did you do and feel?"
My answer to that question is that it felt amazing. It is such a satisfying feeling when you show gratitude and you see the smiles that you put on the other person's face. The thing about expressing gratitude I have come to discover is that just like the quote says, it is not the joy that makes us grateful, it is gratitude that makes us joyful.

Second prompt for week 9 was "Shoes on my feet". 
While I do not own all the shoes I drew, I thought it was really fun drawing them. The song "Thank you Lord for your blessings on me"  kept echoing in my head the first time I read this prompt. The words go 
"There's a roof up above me.
I have a good place to sleep.
There's food on my table,
And SHOES ON MY FEET.
You gave me your love Lord,
And a fine family.
Thank you Lord for your blessings on me." 
It is the little things that make us realise how blessed we are and so be grateful even for the little things.

The first prompt for week 10 was "List 5 things you like about you"
Self love is one thing that so many people struggle with nowadays especially girls. I liked this prompt because it helped me think about the things I really did like about me. Surely we all have flaws and imperfections but being grateful for what we do love about ourselves I believe can help us love our flaws too. I love me because I know that God made me special in His own image and so nothing was done by mistake. So I am grateful for how He created me :)

Second prompt for week 10 was "Clean Water". 
Growing up in Cameroon- Africa, I can genuinely understand how fortunate it is to have clean water to use everyday. There are so many others around the world who do not have the opportunity to enjoy the same blessings so I am very grateful for that.


The first prompt for week 11 was "Someone who inspires you".
I tried to boil it down to one person but the the truth is, there are so many people in my life who have helped inspire me to be the best version of myself and who have helped make me who I am today and so I am thankful to God for placing all of these people in my life.

The second prompt for week 11 was "Spring Flowers".
Spring has indeed sprung and along with it came all those beautiful flowers I've missed. I discovered a new hobby which is taking pictures of nature. It is these things that remind me about how magnificent our Creator is. I am grateful for all the flowers, clothed in so much beauty and whose colours brighten up my day.


The first prompt for week 12 was "Your favourite personality trait."
Again, I couldn't really choose one thing because like I said earlier, I love me for me and I wouldn't want to change the way God created me. We are all unique in our own crazy, little way but that just makes us special so I am grateful for that.

Last but not the least, the second prompt for week 12 was "Sunshine"
Anyone else loving the weather right now?
Only God knows how much I had been craving the sun. It has finally gotten a bit warmer and I am so grateful for that. Sunshine is just another example of the wonderful gallery of God.

What are you grateful for this month?
Please do let me know in the comments.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.