Sunday, 1 May 2016

My Week #17 In Review (2015)

First Week Showcase Rehearsals, Back To Full Day Lectures And, Life Lessons, Visit To The Pond and It's Snowing In April?


My Week 17 in my Filofax

New washi tape I bought./Food after a long evening of rehearsals./Visit to Tooting Common Pond. More photos coming soon./ Learning about the skin and it's appendages. We had a histology practical about the skin./ Photos of the skin through the microscope. The one is blue is the skin of the scalp under the microscope and the brownish rod-like thingy is a hair follicle. I thought it was really pretty./ A photo of the skin of the finger under the microscope./ Me after a dance rehearsal. I was so exhausted.

This week was filled with so many lessons and adventures.
Rehearsals for the Talent Showcase started and I had to teach 8 other girls my dance routine. I was a bit nervous showing the other choreos the routine especially since it was what I came up with. The other choreos and the girls love the routine so we have been working hard during rehearsals to get it right. The show is this Friday so we have only a few days to keep practising the routine.
The Gospel Choir is also going to be performing and so I have been practising with them as well.

I had the opportunity to give a tour to international students who came for their medicine interviews. It was one of the jobs I signed up for as a student ambassador and something new to me as I had never given tours before. I really did love the experience though. Looking at the nervous faces of the applicants brought back so many memories back to December 2013 when I had my own interview at this very university. I enjoyed giving the tour and I think they loved it too because they kept asking a lot of questions. I think that is a good sign and shows they are interested in what you are saying.

I also went out for a run with my friend and we went to Tooting Common Pond where we found lots of ducks, swans and so many dogs at the park. It was a nice place to visit but it was quite far away so maybe we would choose a closer destination next time. If there will be a next time that is.

The weather this week was a bit of a funny one. We had days when it was really nice but other days, it was either raining, hailing or snowing. I have even managed to catch a cold as I never seem to escape a cold period without getting one.

This week hit me hard with so many life lessons and I just found myself in situations where God was just showing me stuff in so many different ways.

Lessons Learnt This Week: 

I learnt about the power of the tongue. Our words can influence others in either a positive or negative way so we should really be careful about the type of things we say to others. They might take it to heart and their perception of you is going to start changing which is never a good thing.

Ephesians 4:29  
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (NIV)

I also learnt that it is very important to trust God. It is very easy for us to trust Him to show us the way when we see that the road ahead is clear. But what about when the road becomes narrow, rough and we are not sure where we are going? Should we still trust God? Of course we should. God is calling us to keep trusting Him even when there is no reason to. He is the way, the truth and the light and He will lead us to our final destinations if we keep focusing on Him.

I also learnt that it is very important to appreciate and be grateful for the little things in life especially the people around you that always show support and are there for you.


It is finally May and I am so excited. I have no idea where the other months went though. It was January like yesterday and now we are almost halfway through 2016. This means though that Summer is around the corner and I can't wait to be done with exams and just enjoy my Summer holidays.

Song Of The Month

Hidden by United Pursuit.
"Now I am hidden
In the safety of your love.
I trust your heart and your intentions.
Trust you completely.
I'm listening intently.
You'll guide me through these many shadows."

Hope your month of May is going well so far.
Thanks for visiting.
God bless.