Sunday, 22 May 2016

My Week #20 In Review (2016)

Ecoli Practical Part 2, Teaching Dance Soceity,  I'm On The Paediatric Soceity Committee, Tooting Show DVD Premiere, Home For The Weekend And 20th Birthday

My Week 20 in my Filofax

Waiting for our electrophoresis gel to finishing running/ Chicken casserole/ Our bacteria grew so we had to count all the colonies./ At a Christian Union Event./ There was lots of food and sweets./ My birthday cake./ Food at birthday dinner

This week was a very eventful one and I was able to do quite a lot of things. 
We had the second part of our Ecoli practical and we grew bacteria in agar plates after inserting an ampicillin resistance gene into their plasmids. It was a fun but stressful practical. Now I need to get started on the write up which is due in 2 weeks.

I also taught my afrobeat dance routine during a dance soceity class. It was my first time ever teaching a dance class and the turn out was great. It was a whole new experience and it was so much fun.

I went to the Paediatric soceity annual general meeting and we could run for positions and give speeches so the members of the soceity would vote for us to get on the committee. I hesitated at first but then I thought I would just give it a go and I am the new Secretary of the Paediatric soceity. I am so happy I get to be part of the committee for this wonderful soceity because I have been able to get a lot of wonderful experience from it and I am so excited to share with others. 

We also had the premiere of the Tooting Show DVD. It was weird at first watching myself dance and sing but I really loved it. I also didn't want to get the DVD at first but I have decided to buy it. It's something to show my friends and family :)

I went home for the weekend because my birthday was on Sunday. It was so nice to see my family again as I realised how much I missed them. I turned 20 on Sunday and it was such an amazing time celebrating with my friends and family. I received so much love it was unbelievable. I am so grateful for all my loved ones because they have been such blessings to me.

My favourite quote from this week is from the song Though You Slay Me by Shane and Shane.

"Though you slay me,
Yet I will worship
Though you take from me
I will bless your name
Though you ruin me
Still I will praise you
I'll sing a song to the one who's all I need"
-Shane & Shane

Hope you all had an amazing week.
My giveaway is still on and you can enter by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by.
God bless.