Wednesday, 29 June 2016

The Gallery Of God #4 (A Photo Journal)

Hello everyone,
Today I have another post from my series "The Gallery of God" where I just share some photos that I have taken which show how amazing God's work of art is. 
You can view the other posts in this series by clicking here.

My university is quite small and it shares a campus with the hospital so that means that we get to see doctors, nurses, patients and other healthcare staff walking along the same corridors as we, the students do. 
This also means however, that the students get unrestricted access to the hospital's very own courtyard. I had no idea such a place existed on campus until one of my friends told me about it and I decided to check it out for myself.

Walking into the courtyard, you are welcomed by this bed of beautiful, orange and pink flowers which just brighten up your day. I find it hard not to smile or be happy when I look at all those wonderful colours blending in together.

This is a closer look at one of the flowers from the many that were there. I had to choose the pink one of course because I have a thing for pink. I don't really know a lot about flowers even though I love them so if you know the name of this flower, please do leave a comment below. I would like to know.

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us 

from God our Father, who created all the lights in 

the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting 

shadow."

James 1:17

Moving on further down, there is another bed of flowers, with a different blend of colours but  still as beautiful to look at as those from the first bed.


One other amazing thing about this courtyard is that not only are there beautiful, colourful flowers around, but there is also a pond- with fish in it.

There are quite different types of fish in the pond just swimming around and enjoying life and we get to feed them if we want. This was the closest I decided to go to get a photo of the fish gathered around some food in the water. I didn't want to go any further for fear of me dropping my phone into the pond haha.

This courtyard is a perfect spot for lunch especially when the sun is out. I have spent many of my lunch times there with my friends just eating and talking. The atmosphere is very relaxing and perfect for crocheting too. This spot has become one of my favourite spots for reflections and just passing time. 

This just made me appreciate the fact that even though there are a lot of bad moments in life, a lot of trials and bad things happening around us, we can still find peace, solitude and comfort in the little things and places around us. God has made these places available to us so we can be able to reflect on His love for us, think about His faithfulness and above all be reminded that even through the fire, He is always with us and He never leaves us. 
So therefore, we can always find comfort in nature because our Heavenly makes everything beautiful in its own time and if He can take care of the flowers that grow from the the earth and the fish in the sea, then He surely can look after us his own children as well.

"Listen to yourself and in that quietude, you might hear the voice of God"

-Maya Angelou

Do you have a favourite spot where you find peace, calm and solitude or a place which helps you reflect? Tell me about it in the comments below.
Thanks for visiting.
God bless :)