Sunday, 7 August 2016

My Week #31 In Review (2016)

My Results, My Favourite Patients At Work, Being Confident About My Faith, New Hairstyle, Start Of The Olympic Games And A Weekend In Brighton


My results/ The Cameroonian traditional outfit from the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony were apparently the best. My proud country moment./ My new hairstyles./ Quote of the week./ Me learning how to cornrow./ My brother making me an omelette./ The finished omelette.

This week was a really exciting one for me because so many amazing things happened to me both spiritually, academically and physically too.

First of all, I got a break down of my results on Monday and it is good news. I am very happy with them so I will be doing a separate post talking about my results and what that means for my future medicine application.

I had only one shift this week at work but it was one of  the best shifts I have ever had in a long time. Two of the patients I was looking after were mobile and self caring and they were very funny, chatty and also very supportive and understanding. Throughout the day, we had lots of funny moments and at the end I felt really blessed to have looked after them. Working in the hospital comes with good days and bad days and I have to say that day was definitely one of my good days. Days like that remind me about why I am pursuing my goals.

"Be content with what you have , because God
has said. "Never will I leave you; never will I
forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

On the same day I had the shift at the hospital, I went to have lunch in the cafeteria and I was reading a book called "Has Science Disproved God?" and when I opened it up, I was kind of concerned about whether it will offend anyone who was sat next to me or if I might get into a conversation with an atheist and embarrass myself not knowing what to say or how to defend my faith. But then I was comforted by this voice that told me to hold the book in a way that displays the title anyway because even if I get into a conversation with an atheist about the title of my book, it will still be an opportunity to tell someone about Jesus. So I listened to this voice (which I believe was the Holy Spirit) and held my book up. Shortly after, an elderly lady came and sat across the table from me and she obviously saw the title and I could tell from the corner of my eye that she was interested. Immediately, she leaned over and then asked "Well has it?".
I wasn't expecting the question and so it took my brain a few seconds to realise she was referring to the title of the book. I tried to choose my words carefully as I wasn't sure if I was dealing with a christian or an atheist here so I just simply said "I don't think so." I was expecting her to ask me why and I was already preparing to defend my faith but in the end, she turned out to be a christian. I am not going to say I am disappointed she was a christian because she gave me even more reason to trust in God and believe in Him when she told me about why she thought God is real.
We had a really nice chat and before she left, she told me to look up this video which she described as mind-blowing so I thought I would share the video with you guys.




"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, 
because it is the power of God that brings
salvation to everyone who believes: first 
to the Jew, then to the Gentiles."
Romans 1:16



I can't believe it's August already as it seems like January was only last month honestly. I had been waiting for this month because of the Olympic games. I'm interested in the field and track events and those are the ones I am really looking forward to. Anyone else watching the Olympic Games?

My family and I spent the weekend in Brighton because we had a church group meeting with others from our church back in Cameroon.
We normally have this meeting once every 3 months and it was a really amazing experience. For most of Saturday, I was stuck looking after the kids which was good and the same time bad. The service on Sunday was amazing. God showed himself to us and proved to us that He is indeed a God that answers prayers. I can't really go into detail about everything that happened to us this weekend but I want to encourage anyone out there who is struggling with their faith or trying to seek answers or who is about to give up on God. Let this be an encouragement to you today that God is real and able to deliver you from every struggle you are facing. When He makes His promises, He will never go back on them. Keep holding onto God, He hears you when you pray and He does answer prayers.

"Then call on me when you are in trouble,
 and 
I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."
Psalm 150:5

Hope you all had a fantastic week.
Thanks for reading.
God bless.