Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Why I Journal: Guest Post #7 By Grace Anne

*Today we have another guest post from the very lovely Grace Anne who is also going to be talking about why she journals. Hope you enjoy reading it.*



For as long as I can remember, I've loved to journal. I have countless diaries from when I was little, recording the most inane of things, from what games my sister and I played to what we ate for dinner. As I've gotten older, I've only grown to love journalling even more. Even though I go through points where I don't do it as much as I wish I could, it's a constant love of mine.

Journalling is one of the most therapeutic things on the planet. When you have a lot on your mind, there's no better way to relieve the stress than to write it all down. I personally find it so much easier to sleep once I've emptied my head. Pouring your thoughts onto the page is the best stress reliever around.

It also really helps to journal if you have a big problem that you need to work out. When you're stressing out over a huge issue, you tend to overcomplicate everything in your mind to the point of being unbearable. Seeing the problem on paper can make everything seem so much simpler. When everything is sitting right in front of you, it can help to make things clearer.

Journalling is also an AMAZING way to store memories. Looking through old journal entries is a great way to remember different points in your life- things that happened, inside jokes, what you were thinking or feeling at a certain time- who you were as a person. I've found that when I'm journalling daily, when I go back and read it, it's almost like reading a book with myself as the main character. It's so easy to see how things were going to play out- it should have been so obvious at the time! But I'm such a memory hoarder, I adore being able to look back at everything.

Honestly, I just love journalling so much. Even though I don't always make enough time for it, it's something that I always come back to. Perhaps it's the writer in me, but I adore it.

*Hope you enjoyed reading Grace Anne's post about why she journals. She blogs over at Totally Graced and her blog is so much fun to read so you can stop by and say hi.
Thanks so much for visiting.
God bless*