Thursday, 13 October 2016

Faith Journal Flip Through #10

Hello lovely people,

It has been a really long time since I last did a flip through of my faith journal. It is not that I haven't been using it, it is just the fact that I haven't had the time to take photos, edit them and write a blog post. I have however been very active on my YouTube channel sharing loads of flip throughs from all my journals so if you would rather watch videos than look at pictures, then be sure to check out my YouTube channel here.
You can have a look at previous flip through posts from my faith journal here.

In today's flip through, I chose the pages where I wrote out a lot of verses and quotes that I had learned from while reading through the 2 books of Timothy and Hebrews during my bible study. I will be writing about the lessons I learned and how these verses inspired me.

Displaying IMG_0798.PNG 

The first lesson I learned is from the verse 1 Timothy 4:8. This verse was talking about the importance of starving our flesh and feeding our spirit instead. When we feel thirsty, we would try to get some water to drink and when we are hungry, we would most likely try and find something to eat but most of the time we tend to feed in too much to our physical desires that we forget about our spiritual desires. Just as it is important to train our physical bodies to be fit and healthy, it is also more important not to starve our spirit. The Bible says that God is spirit and those who worship Him must do so in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). Starving our flesh just means not letting our desires of the flesh control our actions and our thoughts but instead seeking to strengthen our relationship with God by seeking Him in prayer, reading His word, singing praises and worship, living for Him and most importantly surrendering all to Him because we can never do it all on our own. We all have desires; some good and others bad but anything that tries to keep us away from the will of God is not worth it. This verse greatly reminded me about the fact that while it is good to keep our physical bodies fit and healthy, it is most important to be spiritually fit. 

Image result for spiritual exercise regimen 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg 

The next lesson I learned were from the verses 1 Timothy 5:22 and 1 Timothy 6:11. These verses seem to be like a list of "rules" or things that we should or shouldn't do because we are children of God but I see them as ways to be different, to be unique and to stand out from the crowd. The bible says that we are all ambassadors of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20) and we have been called by Him to proclaim His word to those who do not know Him and let them know about the love of God. There are many different ways of telling others about Christ and one of them is through our actions. Jesus said in Matthew 5:14 that we are the light of the world and that a city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. If we as His children are a city set on a hill, then all eyes will be on us. I have come to realise that recently, the people I know at uni who know I am christian tend to point out little things I do saying "Oh but you are christian" or "She wouldn't do that. She is Christian". I don't know if that happens to you guys but while some people might find that really annoying, I find it a real pleasure to be able to proclaim my faith proudly among my friends and this will spark up conversations that will help me to be able to tell them about Jesus. I am in no way perfect but I keep relying on God's grace and mercy to keep living according to His will and I feel this is something that every Christian should do.

Displaying IMG_0800.PNG 

The next verse I learned from is 2 Timothy 2:12-13. The reason why I wrote this verse down in the first place was because I didn't understand it properly and I wanted to ask my friend what she thought of it. After speaking to her, I was greatly enlightened and looked at it from a different angle which made me learn 2 things. The very first thing I learned from this verse is that God is always with us through our moments of joy, pain, happiness, sorrow, trials and temptations. He never leaves us, He is always there to comfort us and He has even promised us a greater reward in Heaven. This verse also says that if we deny Him, He will deny us as we can't have access to all His glorious promises and blessings if we do not trust Him completely.

Image result for the suffering we suffer now is nothing compared 
The second thing I learned from this verse is that if we are unfaithful to Him, He will still remain faithful to us because nothing we do can make Him love us any less. He knows our hearts and He knows our weaknesses but He is faithful by nature and so whatever we do or say, He will always be there for us. We matter to Him and He loves us with an unconditional love. So be encouraged by reading this that no matter what you are going through, you are never alone.


Displaying IMG_0801.PNG 
The last lesson I learned was from the verse Hebrews 6:18. This verse was just placing emphasis on the last one about God's nature of faithfulness. It states that it is "impossible" for God to lie and so since everything He says is true, we can safely place all our trust in Him and be confident in the faith we have in Him because it is His word. He has promised that if we trust Him and surrender all to Him, He will reveal Himself to us and show us great and mighty things. He has promised us so many things including a place in Heaven and the hope that He will come back some day and take us away from the bondage and evil of this world. I am always encouraged when I think about how amazing that day will be. We do not know when it will be but one thing we know for sure is that we can trust that He will do what is good and perfect for us. 

That's all for now guys but do stick around because in my next flip through post, I will be sharing my pages from Christmas 2015. 
What did you think about these lessons I learned?
What important lesson have you learned recently?
Please do let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)