Friday, 9 December 2016

Blogmas 2016: My Favourite Christmas Songs And Why I Love Them


Hello lovely people,
In an attempt to continue this partial blogmas 2016, I bring you guys yet another festive post today. Just in case I haven't mentioned it enough on here, I absolutely love Christmas and one of the things that makes me love this season as much as I do is the singing of Christmas Carols.
I don't know about you but Christmas wouldn't be Christmas to me without Christmas Carols. 
What I love most about these songs apart from their catchy tunes or the fact that they just carry an unexplained joy and cheer with them, is the fact that these songs are centered around one of the most amazing stories ever told- the birth of a Saviour.

I love the Christmas season because it is probably the only time of year that most people whether Christian or not would unite to sing glory to the Father and acknowledge this amazing gift that God gave us in the form of His one and only Son- Jesus. I do love the tunes but I also love who the songs are about. 
So without further ado, I present to you a list of a few of my favourite Christmas songs and my favourite parts of the songs.

O Holy Night

"Fall on your knees!
Oh hear the angels voices!
O night divine,
O night when Christ was born"

Silent Night

"Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace"

Hark The Herald Angels Sing

"Veiled in flesh, the God had seen,
Hail the incarnate deity
Pleased, as man with men to dwell
Jesus, our Emmanuel
Hark the herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King"

Little Drummer Boy

"Little baby, 
I am a poor boy too
I have no gift to bring 
That's fit to give a King"

O Come Let Us Adore Him

"O come all ye faithful
Joyful and triumphant
O come ye o come ye
To Bethlehem
Come and behold Him
Born the King of angels

O come let us adore Him
Christ the Lord"

In one of my upcoming posts, I will be talking more about the song "Little Drummer Boy" and what that song means to me.
What is your favourite Christmas song?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)