Monday, 5 December 2016

My Week #48 In Review (2016)

Cookies And Carols. Catching Up With Work, End Of Term, It's December, Research Day 2016, Winter Here Already, CU Christmas Celebration, Family Christmas Dinner And Introducing Blogmas 2016?

Displaying IMG_0991.JPG
My first christmas gift/ Cookies and Carols/ Lights in Wimbledon/ Bonfire night/ Christmas dinner/ Food at uni family christmas dinner


"It only takes one step to get closer to your destiny. In order for you not to miss it, you need divine intervention"

There were a lot of events that happened this week which made it a very exciting way to end the term. First of all we had our cookies and carols event which was hosted by the Christian Union and there were a variety of acts like singing and spoken word poetry. It was a really nice way to celebrate the beginning of this festive period.

I also attended the research day for our university this year. It was a really good opportunity to get to know about some of the work is being carried out by the university. There was a poster exhibition and a lot of freebies were given out too. Looking at all the posters and learning about the different research projects got me really excited about getting into research. I have never been involved in a research project before but I hope that soon enough, I will be able to get some experience in this area.

Displaying IMG_0992.JPG
A digipad attached to a microscope enabling you to view the specimen directly without looking into the microscope/ One of my favourite posters at the poster exhibition/ Hulk wearing a labcoat/ Research day lectures.

We also had a Christmas celebration organised by the christian union. Our staff worker who lives in one the big mansions in Wimbledon invited us to her house for a bonfire night, It was a night full of games, laughter, sweets, chocolates, bonfire, smores and singing. Again, it was such a fun way to end the term.

Finally, we also had a family christmas dinner for my university family. It was organised by the second years in the family and we wanted the freshers to get an opportunity to meet the older years and just to get to know each other. I made "poulet dj" for this event which is a Cameroonian dish made up of fried plantain and chicken. The food went down really well and we had so much fun playing games and all. We even did a mannequin challenge video and it was such fun to be part of it.

Finally, we are in the last month of the year 2016. My favourite time of year has finally arrived and I am so excited for this Christmas

Image result for hello december tumblr

That's Christmas To Me by Pentatonix

My excitement for this festive period has made me want to attempt to do blogmas this year. When I say "blogmas" though, it wouldn't be a complete blogging everyday kinda blogmas haha. I'm just using this title to motivate me to blog more this Christmas period. I won't be putting posts up everyday but I sure will post a lot more regularly than I have been doing over the past couple of weeks. University took up a lot of my time this semester and I was not able to blog as regularly as I would have wanted to. That's alright though because I do have a lot of exciting posts planned for the next few weeks and I can't wait to share with all of you.

How was your week?
How is December going for you so far?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks so much for reading.
God bless :)