Sunday, 18 December 2016

My Week #50 In Review (2016)

Going To London, My First Praise Dance, Christmas Gifts And Studying Till 4am?



Waiting for the train going to London/ Christmas decorations in London/ My housemates spoiling me with food/ Cute little Bible my mum gave me/ My anatomy diagrams/ Found out that drawing diagrams makes neuroanatomy so much easier to learn :)

Bible Verse Of The Week
" Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army, for the battle is not yours but God's. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you Judah and Jerusalem. So do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you."
2 Chronicles 20:15, 17

This week, I went to London on Monday evening because I had to attend a Christmas Carol event at the church I attend in London. We were doing a praise dance performance for this event and it was the first time I actually choreographed and did a praise dance. Some of you may know that I do love dancing especially to Afrobeats and that I have been part of many charity dance shows at my uni. When I was younger, I used to dance in church as part of our Sunday School but since I moved to the UK, I haven't really done any dancing in the church so this was a very different yet rewarding experience for me. I love dancing and most importantly, I love dancing for God. It is so nice to use our talents to glorify Him and so I hope that praise dancing is something that I will continue to do.

It's only 7 days left till Christmas and I am yet to finish buying Christmas presents for my family. I have bought most of the things I need to buy so hopefully all the presents will arrive well before Christmas.

I also adopted a weird studying habit this week which was studying from 11pm till about 4am in the morning and then waking up to go do a late shift at work. I was doing this without taking proper naps in the afternoon and so I think it started affecting me a little as I was wearing myself out. I think sometimes we can become so engrossed in trying to get things done that we forget to look after ourselves and so I have decided to make sure I get enough sleep so I don't overwork myself.
Studying is going well so far and I can say that I am track in terms of what I planned to cover so far. There's only 2 weeks left of the Christmas break and so I have to make sure I keep on top of the work before second term starts again on the 3rd of January.

If you haven't already seen my festive post for this week, then make sure to check out my previous post on The Story Behind "The Little Drummer Boy". There will be a few more festive posts going out over the next few days so please keep an eye out for those.

Joy To The World by Pentatonix

How has your week been?
How is the Christmas prep going?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for visiting.
God bless :)