Tuesday, 27 December 2016

My Week #51 In Review (2016)

More Catching Up On Lecture Notes. Dealing With Inappropriate Behaviour At Work, My DIY Deep Conditioner, One Week Left Before Going Back To Uni, Prepping And Celebrating Christmas 2016

Learning about ultrasounds/ Learning about the skin/ Hot chocolate and cream/ My DIY deep conditioner/ Our Christmas tree/ My brother's very well presented Christmas eve meal

My quote of the week
"Above all, never become a critic of yourself. If you resort to self-condemnation, you are doing the devil's job for Him in your own life. If you are a new creature in Christ, when you criticise yourself you are criticising God's handiwork. That is not your job. Don't do it."
-Derek Prince

This week, I have been doing my best to keep on top of lectures. I have finished revising the most recent material we covered just before breaking up for Christmas. So now I have been revising material from the first 5 weeks. I only have 1 weeks left of my break as we start lectures again on the 3rd of January so I have to try to go through a much as I can.

I had 2 shifts at work on Monday and on Wednesday and the shift on Wednesday was an interesting one. I work as a healthcare assistant in the hospital with elderly patients. I have been working there for over 2 years now and I have experienced a few interesting patients but with this job, you can never say that you have seen it all. Every day is a new experience that you have to deal with and Wednesday's shift was certainly one of those shifts where I had to deal with stuff. The thing about being a healthcare professional is that the patient's needs are more important even sometimes when they act inappropriately, we have to remember that they are not well and still try to act in their best interests. But what do you do when patients are of sound mind and still make inappropriate and rude comments? Laugh it off? Play along with them? Tell them off? Or let it ruin your day? In this case, I couldn't ignore them because it was an ongoing issue so I decided to play along with them. I realised if I wanted to take it to heart and be offended, it would ruin my day. There were times when I was really uncomfortable and I had to make it clear how I felt. I also found it very important to speak to colleagues about stuff like this. I realised that we are all in it together and we can share our experiences and help each other out. At the end of the day, we are all human and there are limits to what each of us can bear. I'm glad I was able to pull through that day. Thank God.

I washed my hair this week and because I didn't realise that I had run out of deep conditioner, I decided to make my very own using eggs, mayonnaise, honey and oil. It did the trick but it was dripping everywhere. Next time, I will try not to forget to buy deep conditioner.

Hope you all had an amazing Christmas with your friends and family. I certainly did. I have been thinking about making a video or a blog post about what I got for Christmas because I love watching those kind of videos so I will let you all know when the video is up.

Like I mentioned before, I have only got one week left at home before I go back to uni and I know it will be super busy.
I hope you all have a wonderful last week of the year 2016.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)