Fashion Show 2017/ I presented my research at my university's research day/ Writing my dissertation/ I had the flu jab for the first time/ I went to Winter Wonderland with my friends/ It snowed/ Christmas meal with my friends/ At Enish Nigerian restaurant in London with friends/ Christmas tree/ I finished editing my book.
I cannot believe it is the end of 2017 guys. I whipped out my journal yesterday and I was just flipping through and looking at some entries and I realised just how much God has been faithful to me this year. Even though the year has been filled with so much hurt. tears and disappointments, it has also been filled with a lot of joy, blessings and growth. I choose joy today even as I look back and talk about all the wonderful things God has done for me this year.
1. On the first of January 2017, I started writing a book and since then, I have been working on many different projects. 2017 was the year that God showed me that He alone has the ability to qualify me. 2017 was the year that God showed me that He has the ability to use my work for His glory.
2. In February, I wrote my first exams for second year and when the results came out in March, I was very pleasantly surprised. God did it for me in the most magnificient way.
3. In April 2017, I started working on my poetry devotional called "Outpourings of a Beloved Heart" and I did Camp Nanowrimo where I wrote 10,000 words of this book and won.
4. In June 2017, I finished my second year of university with a first class. All glory to God alone.
5. In July 2017, I finished the first draft of my poetry devotional which was such an amazing feeling.
5. In July-August 2017, I did a summer vacation studentship at my university in London where I worked in the research lab carrying out research on pre-eclampsia.
6. In September 2017, I started my third year of Biomedical Science working on a project I am very interested in and with a supervisor I love working with. I have also been able to achieve so many amazing results which will hopefully be published in future.
7. In November 2017, I took part in Operation Christmas Child again this year. You can watch my video down below.
8. In December 2017, I had the opportunity to present my research at my university's research day. It was such a privilege to get to do that. It was an amazing experience and I am very grateful to God for it.
9. Also in December 2017, I finished writing my book "Outpourings of A Beloved Heart" and I have now ordered a proof copy of the book. It has been such an amazing writing journey and I cannot wait to share this book with you all in the new year. I made a video talking about what God has taught me in 2017 and you can watch it below.
10. In 2017, God gave me the ability to speak and encourage others through my blog. YouTube channel and also through my writing. I had never thought I was qualified enough to do work for Him but God showed me that His love alone has qualified me. Here are a few of my favourite videos from the channel.
Life is hard but God is good
Being a single Christian
Is your heart overwhelmed? Be encouraged in the Lord
All about self worth. Where does your value lie?
How has your 2017 been guys?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
I love you all and I hope to see you all in the new year.
I pray that God continues to bless and keep you.