Sunday, 15 January 2017

My Weeks #1 and #2 In Review (2017)

New Year, New Beginnings, Divine Restoration, Back To Uni, Primary Practice Training Day, Tooting Show Auditions, Teaching The Children At Church For The First Time And Writing A Book?


We organised a party for young patients at the hospital. There were quite a few performers and a lot of food and decorations so the patients had a really good time./ Revision/ Dance auditions/ More revision/ Chicken vegetable soup. It was really good./ I finally finished this amazing book. The review is coming soon :)


Bible Verse of the week
"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace who has called you into His eternal glory in Christ will himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you"
1 Peter 5:10

Happy New Year again guys. Hope you all are having a good one so far. I haven't started off the new year so well in terms of posting here on my blog but that is because the past two weeks have been crazy busy. I started lectures again on the 3rd of January and we have been busy with revision and lots of other things going on.

First of all, I am very excited for this New Year 2016 and I am greatly looking forward to what God has in store. I can already see Him moving in many ways and so this is going to be a very exciting year. My theme for the New Year is "Great Faith and Divine Restoration" and my Bible verse of the year is 1 Peter 5:10. This verse means a lot to me and I did a short Bible study video over on my YouTube channel if you are interested in watching.


This week, I had my training for the Primary Practice project that my university is involved in. The project involves teaching Primary School children over a period of 6 weeks to teach them about science and get them interested in science at a young age. I met up with the other 2 students in my team and we all get along really well so I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks.

This week was also the auditions for our next charity show here at SGUL called the Tooting Show. I am again choreographing for the African dance but this time, I am doing it on my own. It was a stressful week trying to teach the audition routine and choosing dancers but the week is over now so I can finally concentrate on revising again.

I also taught the children at my church today for the very first time. I had been part of the team of Sunday School teachers but I had never been given the opportunity to teach so today it came as a big surprise. I was not prepared so I thought it was going to go horribly wrong but thank God it didn't and I actually really enjoyed teaching the children about the importance of prayer.

I'm Writing A Book

Finally guys, I just wanted to mention that this year, I decided to start writing a book. I have never really considered myself as a good writer. I struggle with writing essays and just because I own a blog and love journaling hasn't really made me think that I was good enough to be called an author. However, my mind has been changed this year and I have decided to write a book. I was having a conversation with my friend on New Year day this year and she really encouraged me. I realised that it doesn't really matter if I don't think I can do it. All that matters is that I have a story which God has placed in my heart to tell and I know how to write so I am going to write it. I guess with time I will be able to disclose more about this story of mine and how the writing process is going. For now, all I can say is it is a Christian book and I am really enjoying the writing process. I can't wait to get to that point where I will be able to share this story with you guys.
Just want to encourage you all too that if you have a dream or a goal to accomplish, never wait for the "right time". There is no right time so just go ahead and start now. Until you step out and take the challenge, you will never know what it feels like.

Hope you all have a lovely week.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)