Tuesday, 14 February 2017

My Week #6 In Review (2017)

Cameroon Winning AFCON 2017, Start Of New Semester, First Week Of Tooting Show Rehearsals, Standing Up For My Faith, Catching A Horrible Cold And Sharing My Poetry

A salad kinda day/ I did my mum's hair when I went home and I absolutely loved the results/ Cameroon won the African Cup of Nations 2017/ Chinese noodles and chicken salad for lunch. It was really good./ I started reading a new book called "Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and I'm really loving it so far./ I came down with a horrible cold this week and I have been fighting it off ever since./ My mum's food really helped me as my week was quite busy so it was nice to have a home cooked meal after my long days/ Having soup for lunch and still trying to fight off the cold.

My Bible Verse Of The Week

Image result for see i have begun a new thing

Last week Sunday, the finals for the African Cup of Nations were held in Gabon and it was Cameroon going against Egypt. I haven't watched Cameroon play in a long time but I was really rooting for them this time. I remember that these two countries have gone against each other a couple of times before with Egypt always emerging victorious so I didn't really know what to expect this time. To our greatest surprise, Cameroon actually won and it was a great day for all of us. I couldn't stop jumping and skipping around in my room forcing my friend to jump around with me. I am so proud.

So we started a new semester this week and we started with the life cycle module so we're going to be learning all about reproduction for the next couple of weeks. I quite enjoy reproduction and I think the lecturers are really good so I would say that I am enjoying this module so far.

This week was also the first for Tooting Show rehearsals. I am choreographing the African dance for this charity show so it has been a really busy week for me. There were times when things started to get a little bit overwhleming but in those moments I had to just have some quiet time and find solace in the Lord's presence.

I was also put in a very compromising situation this week that involved standing up for my faith. I'd rather not share the details here but it was a very disturbing situation and I was troubled for days and spoke to a couple of my friends about it and also prayed about it. I am glad that in the end, I was able to stand on the side of my faith and it was so nice to have so much encouragement around me during that period. It was one of those times when I really saw that God is infact at work and His love never fails :)

I also came down with a horrible cold this week. It affected me really badly especially on Friday. I have never really had a cold like this before and it took me a good couple of days to recover but thank God it's almost all gone now and I am getting better.

I mentioned last week that I was able to share my poetry with the Christian Union for the first time which was a huge thing for me so if you want to read any of my poetry, I will leave a link on the tabs above which will take you to my wattpad page and you can read it from there if you are interested.

Hope you all had an amazing week.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)