Monday, 6 February 2017

My Weeks #4 and #5 In Review (2017)

Last Days Of Revision, My Semester 3 Exam, Not Worrying, Reading Out My Poem To An Audience For The First Time, My New Journal, Third Praise Dance Ministration And Going Home For The Weekend


I made chicken soup/ We were playing a game to help us memorise drug names and what the drugs did/ I finally bought new gloves but they are too big for my hands/ Post exam celebration with chicken stir fry/ More post exams celebration with chocolate gateau/ My friend cooked for me.

Happy New Month everyone.
So we had 2 weeks off for revision for our semester 3 exams and I thought it was really nice of the university to allow 2 weeks for us rather than the usual 1 week we got before every exam in first year. There was a lot of volume to cover but I had lots of revision sessions with my friends and we really helped each other through it all.

When it came time for the exam, I realised that there was this unusual peace I had within me. This is the first exam I have ever written where I felt so calm especially the day before the exam. I try not to stress too much about things but this time around, I know it was God. I was constantly reminding myself of His promise in Matthew 6:34 about not worrying and I knew that since worrying did not add any value to my life, there was not point in doing it.
"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's troubles are enough for today."
Matthew 6:34

I believe that God has got it under control and I guess that is why I can let His peace reign in me. You see this year is one where I am believing God for so many things but I know that if it is His will, He will open doors for me and as long as I keep working hard like He wants me to, He will take care of me. So really, I do not have any reason to worry. God's got me and He always will. 


"But without faith, it is impossible to please God; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him"
Hebrews 11:6

I also did something that I have never done before during this time and this was the fact that I read out one of my poems to an audience for the very first time ever. I probably have never mentioned it on here on my blog but I used to write poems when I was younger but I stopped writing them for a while. I have been trying to get back into writing them for a while now and recently while going through some of my old stuff, I found an old poem of mine which was written over a year ago.

When I read it, I thought it was really going to encourage someone so I decided to read it out during one of our Christian Union meetings. This was the first time I had ever done anything like this before and truth be told, God moved through that poem and He used it to encourage a lot of people which was such a blessing to see, God has bee showing me a lot of things about myself and I have discovering new things about me this new year that make me so excited to be used by by Him for His glory. I have been thinking about sharing some of my poems here on my blog and very soon I will add another tab on my blog that will be able to link you guys to my wattpad account if any of you are interested in reading the poems I write.

We also did a third praise dance ministration at a bigger church this time around. It was just an amazing time as always and I just really love dancing for God. I am looking forward to it everytime I do it now and God is indeed doing great things among us which is so amazing to see.

I also received a new journal from my friend who lives in the US. She was very kind to get me a journal which was on sale and it arrived just at the right time becaus emy old journal will soon be completely full. I can't wait to use start using it.

We had a few days off after our exam and I was able to go home and spend this time with my family. It was really nice to relax at home and eat mum's food again. I helped my mum do her hair and she was very pleased with it.


My Writing Series #2

Here is the second video in my writing series and in this one, I am talking about my outlining process, how I plan out the chapters in my book and I also give an update on how I am finding the writing process so far. Please do check it out if you can and let me know what you think.


Song Of The Month
"While I'm waiting" by John Waller
I have been reading books on wattpad a lot recently and I discovered a song on  one of the books I was reading. This book was titled "Writing For Jesus" and it is about all the struggles that Christian writers face but it reminds us about why we write, who we write for and why it is important to write. This new song I found applied not just to my writing but it applies to many areas of my life where I am waiting on God and belieiving Him to come through for me. I hope that this song blesses you as much as it blessed me.
  

How has your week been?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks ever so much for reading.
Have a lovely day and God bless :)