Wednesday, 15 March 2017

My Week #10 In Review (2017)

Sending Off First Application For Summer Studentship, Working On Special Study Project 2 And Tooting Show 2017

I finally made an omelette for myself after a long time/ Chilli con carne in the making/ My special breakfast treat after Tooting Show/ McFlurry ice cream after Tooting Show day 1/ Peanut butter and chocolate waffle at Kaspas/ Chocolate waffle at Kaspas

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD"
Psalm 31:24

This week was a very busy one for me as it was the week of Tooting Show 2017. We had to stay till the early hours of the morning on Monday night trying to rehearse and practise the dances, acting and singing. The show had to be put together by the Monday night because a lot of the cast were going to see The Weekend in concert for the 2 days before the show. I didn't feel the excitement of the show as we didn't have rehearsals the day before but when it came to the day and I saw all the people who were waiting to see it, I  became excited for it. The Thursday crowd was really good and of course the Friday was even more amazing. I have had so much fun choreographing the African dance for this year's show and it is so sad that it is all over now.  Hopefully I will be able to choreo for Fashion Show in November but until then, I am just happy that I have gotten all my free time back and I can now focus on my uni work.

As some of you may know, I want to do a summer vacation studentship this summer at one of the research labs at my uni and so since we were not able to secure funding via my university, my supervisor and I are going to apply for funding from external sources. We sent off one application a few days ago and we are working on the second application.

We also have been working on our special study projects for this term. This time around, we are working in groups and don't have to write an essay but we need to produce a poster and then do a presentation in May. We have gathered a lot of information but then so far, we are having a bit of difficulty fitting it all into the poster so we are going to have to cut down a lot of information. I love my group and each and every one of us participate so I am excited to see what we come up with in the end.

How has your week been?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading.
God bless :)