Wednesday, 22 March 2017

My Week #11 In Review (2017)

Mental Health Awareness Week, Text-A-Taostie, CU Lunch Bar, Urine Sugars Practical And Teaching Children At Church Again 

One of the verses that really encouraged me this week/ Text a toastie/ Free hot chocolate and a biscuit/ My splits progress/ Making chicken for the CU lunch bar/ Stress ball that changes colour/ Practical on urine sugars/ Practising my drawing skills/ More drawings during study time

Bible Verse Of The Week:
"The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"
-Psalm 34:18

This week at university was Mental Health awareness week and there were a lot of events going on. The university was offering free gym sessions for the whole week and also there was a text-a-tea event going on. We were able to order a free hot drink and a biscuit and it would be delivered to us anywhere around the university. I was able to use this opportunity to get back to exercising as I made use of the free gym sessions.I was so consistent that I lost 3 pounds which was really nice. Hopefully I can be able to continue and not give up. I also was more consistent with my stretching regime to help me do my splits. I am still quite far away from the ground but I believe I will get there eventually.

We also had a text-a-toastie event which was organised by the Christian Union and also a lunch bar where we had a speaker come speak to us about religious faith and medicine. These were all really good opportunities to speak to non-christians at my university about Christ. 

We also had a practical this week where we were measuring blood sugars in urine and using the results from the thin-layer chromatogram to diagnose the metabolic disorder of the patients. I thought it was very fun even though we had to wait around for a long time.

I also was able to teach the chidren in the sunday school at church again on Sunday and they were very willing to participate and answer questions. I was glad to see that they were very open talking to me about the issues they faced about honouring parents. I love teaching the kids and I am looking forward to teaching them more in the future. 

How was your week?
Please do let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading. 
God bless.