Tuesday, 23 May 2017

My Week #20 In Review (2017)

Another Clinical Workshop, Handed In My Last Practical Write Up, Applied For The Transfer, Revision In The Dissection Room And I Registered To Vote

My lovely flatmates made a delicious roast dinner/ I handed in my last practical write up of the year/ Fruit pancake and ice cream/ Chicken curry pancakes and rice/ During one of my immunology lectures. The picture shows an immune cell (a macrophage in purple) engulfing bacteria (in green)

My Quote Of The Week

"Jesus gives hope. Jesus is everything so I'm going to stick with Jesus"

This week, we had another clinical workshop. This time, it was all about meningitis. We had different lectures about the cause, symptoms, investigations and we even looked at some other microbiological aspects of it. One of the lecturers kept picking on students to answer questions. He picked on me to answer a question about the symptoms of septic shock and it was kinda scary but I survived.

This week, I also handed in my last practical write up for this year. It is kind of crazy to think that exams are getting really close as each day passes by. Very soon, I will be done with my second year of university. I also finally sent off my application for the transfer to medicine so I just need to try and work hard now to get the required grades (God willing).

My friends and I had a revision session in the dissection room and it was really helpful for me. We haven't had any DR sessions since before Easter and are going to be examined everything we  have learnt from September. It is not surprising to say that I don't remember any of the things we covered at the beginning of the year and so these revision help me remember all the material I might have forgotten.

I also met up with one of my friends from college over the weekend. We met up in Central London and we went to eat at ta really nice pancake restaurant. I had a chicken curry pancake and rice. It was really good and I never thought that I would have loved that combination but I did. It was nice to see my friend again and catch up. Hopefully we will be able to meet up again over the summer.

I also finally registered to vote this time around. I remember how I forgot to register last year and that meant that I could not take part in the Brexit voting. I normally don't bother with anything that has to do with politics but this time around, I am actually making an effort to get involved and know what is actually happening around me.

How has your week been?
Thanks for reading.
Have a lovely day.
God bless