Monday, 5 June 2017

My Week #21 In Review (2017)

My 21st Birthday, Really Nice Weather, Text-a-toastie, Birthday Dinner, Microbiology Practical, Talent Showcase And Going Home For The Weekend

It was my 21st birthday on the Monday/ Lectures about viruses/ I got a birthday gift which was a mini African map charm for my key chain :)/ It was a really sunny week/ My own special toastie at our text-a-toastie event/ Making more mind maps

Celebrating a birthday party/ Went out with my friends to an African restaurant (805) to celebrate my birthday. The food was really good/ We were growing bacteria in the lab for our microbiology practical/ I went home for the weekend and my mum had completely redecorated my room. I absolutely loved it/ I went out for a meal with my parents and my siblings. The food was really good at Turtle Bay :)

My Reminder For The Week
"God has a plan for you. It is good and it is perfect. Always remember God's plan"


So this week I turned 21 and I had a really lovely day because the weather was really nice. It is almost exam season now at uni and because everyone was busy, we couldn't do anything on the day of my birthday so we had to celebrate on the Wednesday by going to an African restaurant in Peckam called 805. The food was really amazing and I had a lovely time with my friends. Moments like this remind me about how blessed I am in terms of the friends I've got and also my family :)

We also had a text-a-toastie event on my birthday at the university's halls of accommodation where we encouraged the first years to send in questions about God, Jesus and the Bible and then we would take a toastie to them and answer their questions. It was very nice to be part of the amazing team putting this together as events like this always encourage me.

We also had our last practical of the year this week. It was a microbiology one so we grew a lot of bacteria. We had to grow bacteria from our hands and from our phones and we also grew bacteria from a urine sample and a faecal sample. We did some tests to check for antibiotic resistance and we also did some gram staining so we could try and identify the bacteria under the microscope. We covered a lot of stuff which was fun. I find microbiology quite interesting but I don't think it is something I would want to do every day as my job. At least now I know the amount of bacteria I carry around with me everyday.

We also had the university's talent Showcase this week. I entered as part of an African dance group and I also sang with the Gospel Choir. The Gospel Choir won the Showcase including the £300 cash prize so I thought that was really amazing :)

Finally, I went home for the weekend to spend it with my family. We went out for dinner on Saturday evening and we had an amazing time at church the next day. I had to leave early to come back to London for uni  but the whole week was an amazing one and I am grateful to God for that.

How was your week?
Thanks for reading
Have a lovely day.
God bless :)